Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 4:55:11 AM EDT
Wazzup with all the grading on the north side of the Carefree highway, right in front of Ben Avery?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:28:22 AM EDT
... probably a new Super Wal-Mart or a tract-home sub-division
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:27:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SailorDude:
Wazzup with all the grading on the north side of the Carefree highway, right in front of Ben Avery?

You mean south side, don't you? Ben Avery IS on the the north side.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:22:34 AM EDT
I was out there saturday wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:04:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CeramicGod:

You mean south side, don't you? Ben Avery IS on the the north side.

ya its the southside, I also have wondered what was going to be built there. Whatever it is, better not start complaining about noise down the road, that fucking makes me crazy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:30:11 PM EDT
10,000 McMansions coming very soon.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:12:22 PM EDT
At New River Road and Carefree Highway there is a new water treatment plant being built. From that plant the water pipelines will travel East through the desert until they get to Ben Avery. Then the water will go South across Carefree Highway, then back East to tie into some existing pipes somewhere. I have been out there working on equipment a few times and thats what I am seeing so far.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:07:23 PM EDT
No, I meant the north side. All this grading is actually on the southern boundry of BASF.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:40:42 PM EDT
I tried to go shooting there today at about 3 and it was closed. wtf? Does this have to do with it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:16:24 PM EDT
I thought they were only open from Wednesday through Sunday...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:57:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Crzy_One:
I thought they were only open from Wednesday through Sunday...

Fuck. that would explain it...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:11:38 AM EDT
Probably part of the road widening going on to ease traffic in the area.

From ADOT's website:

The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) will begin design work this month to add traffic signals and make minor roadway improvements at the Interstate 17/Carefree Highway interchange in north Phoenix.

ADOT says the estimated $750,000 project will improve safety and capacity at the intersection while a study is conducted to evaluate options for the future permanent interchange project.

The project will add a temporary traffic signal system at the I-17/Carefree Highway interchange. The westbound lanes of Carefree Highway will be widened to add a dual left turn lane for drivers to enter southbound I-17. The northbound I-17 exit ramp at Carefree Highway also will be widened to better accommodate traffic turning east on Carefree Highway.

The design of the intersection improvement is expected to continue until the end of summer. Construction is scheduled to begin this fall.

Future permanent improvements at the I-17/Carefree Highway interchange are being examined as part of an engineering and environmental study that is now under way. Public meetings regarding the study are planned to occur later this summer. The study and design process for the ultimate improvements at I-17/Carefree Highway is expected to take about two years to complete. Additional funding for the permanent improvements will need to be identified in the region's transportation program.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:15:01 AM EDT

Well, maybe. But the DOT article states that construction won't start until Fall and this grading is well underway. And even more interesting; the grading is ONLY on BASF land. It stops cold at the west end of the range.

Do we need to be getting agitated here? Not that I think the city of Phoenix, Maricopa county, or ADOT would ever do anything sneaky....
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:22:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... probably a new Super Wal-Mart or a tract-home sub-division

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:26:32 PM EDT

Well, maybe. But the DOT article states that construction won't start until Fall and this grading is well underway. And even more interesting; the grading is ONLY on BASF land. It stops cold at the west end of the range.

Do we need to be getting agitated here? Not that I think the city of Phoenix, Maricopa county, or ADOT would ever do anything sneaky....

I have been on the jobsite a few times this month. It is all part of the water pipeline project to get to the new water treatment plant at New River Road and Carefree Highway.
Top Top