Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/29/2005 12:58:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:07:51 PM EDT
Should we have expected any less from Rod?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:49:46 PM EDT
A local news station ran a poll yesterday asking "Will Rod Blagojevich win another tem in office?".

The final results were:
- Yes 11%
- No 89%

That made my day.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2005 6:49:01 PM EDT by kingcleophus]
I make a prediction, coming around to a soon to be announced ILL general Assembly, a new bill to expand upon this law.

"state law requiring background checks for all buyers at gun shows, closing what police say is a wide-open avenue for gangs and other illegal purchasers to get firearms."
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:26:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kingcleophus:
I make a prediction, coming around to a soon to be announced ILL general Assembly, a new bill to expand upon this law.

"state law requiring background checks for all buyers at gun shows, closing what police say is a wide-open avenue for gangs and other illegal purchasers to get firearms."

Have to close that private sale loophole next.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:55:23 PM EDT
You know what the real problem is ? When are they going to do something about the Gangs and Drug Dealers in the city? That's the source of the Real Problem.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:21:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2005 11:14:07 PM EDT by Dawg180]

Originally Posted By thinice:
You know what the real problem is ? When are they going to do something about the Gangs and Drug Dealers in the city? That's the source of the Real Problem.

It is easier to take away rights with 'feelgood' legislation than to acutally fix the problem. If they had to fix the source of the problem, that would mean they would actually have to WORK for a living instead of just making feelgood legislation and taking away the rights of the average Joe.

God, does anyone remeber when the politicians used to represent the will of the people in instead of supressing it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:29:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dawg180:

It is easier to take away rights with 'feelgood' legislation than to acutally fix the problem. If they had to fix the source of the problem, that would mean they would actually have to WORK for a living instead of just making feelgood legislation and taking away the rights of the average Joe.

God, does anyone remeber when the politicians used to represent the will of the people in instead of supressing it?

What the hell was up with the I$RA over this? They declared "victory", yet we lose 0-2. WTF?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:28:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kroagnon:

What the hell was up with the I$RA over this? They declared "victory", yet we lose 0-2. WTF?

The ISRA is to blame for this along with the NRA. They bargained with the anti's and endorsed the closing of the dangerous "gun show loophole" in exchange for the desruction of the state police defacto registration database. Pearson and the rest of the Civil War vets that run ISRA never figured that Blago would use ammendatory veto and shit can the part of the legislation he didn't like.

Blago is a douche bag and will no doubt be launched next year.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:49:48 PM EDT
I just had to check out this thread when I saw Patriot posted!

ISRA and NRA, please take note:

IF YOU DEAL WITH THE DEVIL YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:39:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By patriot73:

The ISRA is to blame for this along with the NRA. They bargained with the anti's and endorsed the closing of the dangerous "gun show loophole" in exchange for the desruction of the state police defacto registration database. Pearson and the rest of the Civil War vets that run ISRA never figured that Blago would use ammendatory veto and shit can the part of the legislation he didn't like.

I could have sworn that the ISRA-supported measure was the one requiring the destruction of the records. Since the ChicagoCrats didn't like the last part, they ran the same thing (pretty much) through without the record destruction part and it also passed..........

Guess which one Roddy didn't sign

I've said, for the past year or two that he was going to be a 1-term-wonder. He has pissed too many people off to get re-elected. Hell, he pissed off the people that got him elected in the first place..........that's fine by me, though

Now we just need to organize and get Patriot73's campaign up and running for a shot at the Gov's seat

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:20:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:

I could have sworn that the ISRA-supported measure was the one requiring the destruction of the records. Since the ChicagoCrats didn't like the last part, they ran the same thing (pretty much) through without the record destruction part and it also passed..........

I've said, for the past year or two that he was going to be a 1-term-wonder. He has pissed too many people off to get re-elected. Hell, he pissed off the people that got him elected in the first place..........that's fine by me, though

Now we just need to organize and get Patriot73's campaign up and running for a shot at the Gov's seat

WIZZO

Put it to ya this way, if the one in a million happened, and one of us were Gov, I think we should expand Sparta and have the "Sparta North" and Sparta Central." I think we need two more world class shooting complexes in IL and I for one would go for it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:30:17 AM EDT

Put it to ya this way, if the one in a million happened, and one of us were Gov, I think we should expand Sparta and have the "Sparta North" and Sparta Central." I think we need two more world class shooting complexes in IL and I for one would go for it.

Is Sparta that big shooting center all the hell the way down by St. Louis?

It sounded pretty nice when I was reading about it, but a couple hundred miles and hours behind the wheel doesn't sound worth it. I agree that it would be nice to see one further North.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:23:43 PM EDT

Is Sparta that big shooting center all the hell the way down by St. Louis?

It sounded pretty nice when I was reading about it, but a couple hundred miles and hours behind the wheel doesn't sound worth it. I agree that it would be nice to see one further North.

WIZZO

It looks nice but somehow I get the feeling our black rifles would not be welcomed there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:56:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:33:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 7:37:10 AM EDT by M-and-A-Parts]
What a mess.

I agree, the ultimate goal is to have all transactions go through a dealer.

They have done wonders in erradicating gun shows in the collar counties surrounding Chicago. The ultimate use and fate of the Lake County property was finally blurted out last week (no surprise to me, we saw this one coming from day one). Commercial development won the day. It was won at the expense of the Second Ammendment which was made part of the fall-guy package that was used as an excuse to sell out the property to developers. Clever but not transparent.

Sparta? You would have to know the BS that was propogated against the ATA (Trapshooters) that forced their hand and made them beg like dogs for this table scrap. Divide and conquer again. Just look at "our" attittude about scatter gunners- then look at their view about "us cowboys and mercenaries". Divide and conquer. Don't play into it.

Divide and conquer. Few FFL Dealers had the good sense to fight this, if nothing more they figured it would be a boon to their business... one way or the other.

Ahh, the particulars of the law... and in the Devil lies the Details!

So will the private seller be allowed to get call the ISP with the FOID# and get an FTIP approval number?

Or, just having the requirement that any and all "gun show" transactions go through FTIP, have they not defacto required FFL dealer participation? (Ya' gotta have an FTIP user number to play)The FFL dealer is held to no greater standards of record retention than any of the private sellers so far.

And now please, by whatever means you can find on the Illinois books, read and tell me what defines a "gun show". Prepare to be afraid.

The last version of the IL AWB would have put ut out of business legally- period. Even if we never sold another set screw in this state.

Time to get out of Dodge?

Veronica he
Disclaimer: This may or may not be the opinion of the owner of M&A Parts, but it most likely is... but I speak for myself.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:46:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:23:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By codycoyote:

Originally Posted By M-and-A-Parts:
Sparta? You would have to know the BS that was propogated against the ATA (Trapshooters) that forced their hand and made them beg like dogs for this table scrap. Divide and conquer again. Just look at "our" attittude about scatter gunners- then look at their view about "us cowboys and mercenaries". Divide and conquer. Don't play into it.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I have no beef with the scatter-gun crowd. I'm a big fan of trap and clay shooting, and try to get out at least once a month to the state part near me to break some birds.

Hehe, I just bought a bargain rack (literally) 11-48 Remington 12ga for $150.

Looked good, bought it, shot like a dream. Worth twice what I payed for it in my mind

I have an issue with the hunting crowd that doesn't care about what happens to "assault weapons" if it doesn't affect their shotgun or their hunting season.

Just my opinion, though.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:48:20 PM EDT

I don't know about everyone else here, but I have no beef with the scatter-gun crowd. I'm a big fan of trap and clay shooting, and try to get out at least once a month to the state part near me to break some birds.

I like my shotguns.

I like my rifles.

I like my handguns.

I wish I could have Class 3 toys to like.

I'm not about to give up any of them to keep the others. Therein lies my beef with some (certainly not all) members of the scattergun/hunter crowd that permeates this state.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:55:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mw365:

I like my shotguns.

I like my rifles.

I like my handguns.

I wish I could have Class 3 toys to like.

I'm not about to give up any of them to keep the others. Therein lies my beef with some (certainly not all) members of the scattergun/hunter crowd that permeates this state.

I agree, most members of the scatter gun/hunter crowd think that we do not need back rifles, hand guns, etc.

What they do not realize is that their guns are also up for extinction.

I have been asked the question a few times at the range..."Why do you need that?"

If we could make those people understand and unite with us, we could get many things accomplished.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:09:13 AM EDT
What we really need to do is get this joker the hell out of our state.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:15:28 PM EDT
I think the shotgun crowd finally pulled their heads out of their asses when Tricky Dick tried to ban all 50 cal and above rifles. 50 and above would have included all shotguns except 410.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:21:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drobs:
I think the shotgun crowd finally pulled their heads out of their asses when Tricky Dick tried to ban all 50 cal and above rifles. 50 and above would have included all shotguns except 410.

Unfortunately, their wining just got them exempted and put them in the clear.

If they would stand up against all anti-gun legislation like that, this state would be better for guns all around.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:17:01 PM EDT

WIZZO

Funniest thing I heard all day!

Patriot73 for governor, making Illinois a "free state"!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:25:21 PM EDT
I like how the media always forgets to mention that " the database" is a clear violation of
FEDERAL LAW. Unintentional , I'm sure.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:19:44 PM EDT
I'm suprised that the governor hasn't signed this earlier, if it was so important to him. Unfortunately, the three day waiting period on dealer purchased handguns, makes purchasing one at a gun show hard. Some of these dealers travel a hundred miles or more to the shows for just a day or two, and if you buy something new there, you would have to end up driving all the way to the dealer's place to take possession of the handgun, and unless it's something rare or unusual, it's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:40:15 PM EDT

Great! Let's further continue and expand the "War on Drugs" and the authority freaks can utilize yet another excuse to crack down on lawful gun possession. My God, when will people learn that the War on Drugs and the War on Guns are both sides of the same coin. Ban chocolate and you will see underground black market "chocolate dealers" shooting it out on the streets in an effort to fill the natural demand for the substance. If you love the drug war, you'll love the upcoming war on guns.

Hasn't Prohibition taught us anything?
Top Top