Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/28/2011 4:34:32 PM EST
The state’s highest-ranking government officials won’t be getting a raise any time soon.

Republican legislative leaders and Gov. Chris Christie’s office announced Wednesday they would withhold appointments to a seven-member commission that meets every four years to set salaries for a broad range of officials from the governor on down.

The move by the governor, Senate Minority Leader Tom Kean Jr. (R-Union) and Assembly Minority Leader Alex DeCroce (R-Morris) deprives the panel, known as the Public Officers Salary Review Commission, of the quorum it needs to function.

"At a time where we are asking everyone to do more with less," the governor’s office said in a news release, "it would be inappropriate and send the absolute wrong message to the people of our state for Trenton politicians to consider giving themselves pay raises, given the current economic realities."

A spokesman for the governor, Michael Drewniak, said the officials — including the governor, lawmakers, cabinet officials, state Superior Court judges, state Supreme Court justices, and several other positions — will have to wait at least four more years for a raise.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/09/republican_leaders_including_g.html

Going to have to wait 4 more years for a pay raise.

Good on them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:38:41 AM EST
Works for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:29:52 AM EST
That's how it's done. Lead by example.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:39:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 9:57:51 AM EST by dontalo]
I posted this article on my facebook page.

Some of my "Liberal" friends quickly pointed out that the Dems did likewise and asserted that is was bipartisan; completely disregarding the timeline that the Assembly had already appointed their committee members and were compelled to recant, and the Senate had not yet appointed their committee members and were compelled to follow suit.

Leadership has NOTHING to do with consensus or agreement. Leadership is about causing people to achieve what is necessary. I do not always agree with Christie, but the man is indeed a leader and this State and Country are both certainly in need of leadership.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:39:02 PM EST
God I hope he doesn't cave and run for president. Fix NJ first, lose some(lots of) weight, then run for president.
Top Top