Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/24/2005 4:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 4:37:17 PM EDT by BadSVT]
I posted this in the team forum too.

My mother just called from our house in ivanhoe and told me that we suffered a good amount of damage to our rent houses.

2 of our rent houses are completely demolished and my mom's suburban is totaled.

I'm going to tear ass to beaumont wednesday morning to see how our house is out there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:17:51 PM EDT
I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Ivanhoe on Sir Ewaine and his house took three big trees on it. His family is ok other than the house being torn he said every thing else was alright.
I am heading over there tomorrow to help my in laws who live just north of Woodville the have trees on every thing house barn shop tractor and goose neck trailer. They where told that the power would not be restored for at least seven days.
I am in Anderson and will be taking food and water and generators plus gasoline and diesel over to them also a large supply of ice. I just hope 190 east is open over there.
Dennis
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:19:25 PM EDT
I'm not going to even try it, getting into ivanhoe is going to be a bitch. 69/easttex is flanked by large trees on both sides once you get past lumberton.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:26:29 PM EDT
69 is open from Ivanhoe to Woodville because my friend said they went into town, but he did'nt know about south of there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:28:45 PM EDT
yeah, 69 is wide enough once you get past hillister, but before that with the 2 lane, i just dont think it'll be wise unless you have a chainsaw and some tow straps to clear a way incase you have to.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:37:16 PM EDT
I have two chain saws and a winch. Never can carry enough stuff though I will most likely get over there and need some thing that I did not bring.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:25:14 PM EDT
A skid steer would be nice.
Top Top