Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/8/2012 12:06:10 PM EST
Was pricing out G19's G4 around the area and seen them on sale at Cabelas for 499.99 Monday. Well fast forward it to Wednesday after the election the sale price went up to 524.99 . Not much but still
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 1:27:37 PM EST
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's why i don't go to cabelas, well unless i am meeting someone in the parking lot for a much better deal on gun stuff hahaha
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:32:41 PM EST
I hear ya guys! After picking up the only g19 i could fine for 524.99 at ngx, i see the 499.99 gen 3 fde glock 19s... i kicked myself in the arse for not waiting... Much better deals in parking lot indeed, sardo!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:16:47 PM EST
The only reason I was looking there was because I have some gift cards to use
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:20:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:

Ahhh the truth comes out!
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 2:43:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:

Thats the whole thing right there.

Folks flock to Cabellas like they are giveing stuff away and their usual prices are no better in general than the local small mom and pop gunstore.
If you work the sales and use their points system the prices can be ok but in general the place is only good for laying hands on the merchandise before you order mail order

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:17:57 AM EST
You guys talk like inventory doesn't cost them anything.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:51:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/10/2012 4:53:07 AM EST by DanTSX]
$499.99 or $524 is actually very good for a FDE Glock 19. I know, shame in them for not selling under retail......

I skip cabelas because my time isn't worth the 3 hours of my life just to get the help, purchase, complete the paperwork, and then wait to be walked out of the store by some dusty old fart holding my new gun until I am out the door.

I could drive the extra 22 miles to jojos, get the gun for the same price, have a nice convo, buy a few accessories, get my night sights mounted, and get a great deal on ammo and be back home in the same amount of time while being treated like a values customer instead of cattle.

One store makes it easy to spend your money, the other makes it hard. I work hard for my gun money, I do not want to work hard to spend it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:52:24 AM EST
When they have sales on ammo I usually flock there

9.99 for herters 9mm (brass)
4.49 for herters .223 (steel)

I walk out smiling because I didnt pay for shipping
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:54:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:

I walk out smiling because at least two or three of their dusty old farts stop me to warn me that shooting steel case will destroy my firearms or will not work..
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:00:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/10/2012 5:04:03 AM EST by nutter]
Originally Posted By DanTSX:

I walk out smiling because at least two or three of their dusty old farts stop me to warn me that shooting steel case will destroy my firearms or will not work..

And I get the Fudd's that say " no one needs to have that much ammo on hand" or " tracers should be illegal" and other such nonsense!!!!!
I make it a habit to not talk to people in any type of store!
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:19:29 AM EST

I actually had an old guy in there pushing nylon 9mm and then steel cased 9mm on me one time lol....the brass herters on sale was still cheaper than that stuff so I walked out with brass

If you like waiting at the stopnshop deli, whats not to love about waiting at the gun counter at cabelas
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 9:11:52 AM EST

I actually had an old guy in there pushing nylon 9mm and then steel cased 9mm on me one time lol....the brass herters on sale was still cheaper than that stuff so I walked out with brass

If you like waiting at the stopnshop deli, whats not to love about waiting at the gun counter at cabelas

I use peapod for grocery delivery. 9a.m. every saturday a.m. the balogny truck shows up
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 9:12:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/10/2012 9:31:31 AM EST by DanTSX]
Originally Posted By nutter:

And I get the Fudd's that say " no one needs to have that much ammo on hand" or " tracers should be illegal" and other such nonsense!!!!!
I make it a habit to not talk to people in any type of store!

Same here
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 9:47:06 AM EST
$499.99 or $524 is actually very good for a FDE Glock 19. I know, shame in them for not selling under retail......

I skip cabelas because my time isn't worth the 3 hours of my life just to get the help, purchase, complete the paperwork, and then wait to be walked out of the store by some dusty old fart holding my new gun until I am out the door.

I could drive the extra 22 miles to jojos, get the gun for the same price, have a nice convo, buy a few accessories, get my night sights mounted, and get a great deal on ammo and be back home in the same amount of time while being treated like a values customer instead of cattle.

One store makes it easy to spend your money, the other makes it hard. I work hard for my gun money, I do not want to work hard to spend it.

The FDE G19 is actually 599.99 I have about 400 in gift cards to use
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:36:12 PM EST
fwiw, cabelas has a deal till 13th spend over 150 get 20 off, stupid thing is its only online and takes about a few weeks to get it delivered to the store for pickup.

bought 1200 herter brass 9mm/115gr for a grand total of $260 (w/ tax/no shipping) or 0.21/round and came with 2 cabela dry boxes.

Strange thing is the ammo is right on their racks, but i need to get an email from them on/before 19th of delivery to pick up a magical order that came in from a warehouse.

I will say this, their shitty plastic ammo cans are great when u rip the lid off and use as trash cans in the car. Coincidentally have two work vehicles that needs em. Thanks cabelas
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 2:27:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By dr3x320:
fwiw, cabelas has a deal till 13th spend over 150 get 20 off, stupid thing is its only online and takes about a few weeks to get it delivered to the store for pickup.

bought 1200 herter brass 9mm/115gr for a grand total of $260 (w/ tax/no shipping) or 0.21/round and came with 2 cabela dry boxes.

Strange thing is the ammo is right on their racks, but i need to get an email from them on/before 19th of delivery to pick up a magical order that came in from a warehouse.

I will say this, their shitty plastic ammo cans are great when u rip the lid off and use as trash cans in the car. Coincidentally have two work vehicles that needs em. Thanks cabelas

Not a bad deal!

Those 'dry ammo cans' are pretty damn worthless. I put one under the faucet to see if its seal is good. There was more water in the can than in the tub.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:07:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/11/2012 5:08:21 AM EST by bending_rodriguez]
Originally Posted By matthardcore:
Originally Posted By dr3x320:

Not a bad deal!

Those 'dry ammo cans' are pretty damn worthless. I put one under the faucet to see if its seal is good. There was more water in the can than in the tub.

Haha I use them for my leftover Ar parts, and cleaning supplies.
Good deal though! Everytime I see a deal that includes the plastic cans I feel like I'm actually paying for their shitty can so I dont get them
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:48:51 AM EST
25mm ammo cans are the best ammo cans. They are tougher than 6 pelican cases.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:06:47 AM EST
25mm ammo cans are the best ammo cans. They are tougher than 6 pelican cases.

Heavy as fuck when full
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:36:30 AM EST
Had the great fortune to get a $200 gift certificate for my birthday. That fortune ended when it was for Cabelas. I have only been there once before and have no real reason to go back as I am not an outdoorsman. If not for shooting, I am the consumate indoorsman. But $200 will buy a lot of ammo and I have 2 LT OBRs to feed. I figured $200 worth of 7.62 would be a nice couple of hours at the range with a Romeo y Julieta Churchill.

I called to make sure the 200rd American Eagle can advertised as on sale for $169 was in stock. He checked, came back to the phone and said "yep, whole pallet". I made the trek, parked amongst the pickups, waded through the sea of camo wearing customers (is that like mandatory Sunday best wear there?) and looked for the ammo. There was a pallet alright...of 9mm ball. All the 7.62 was gone.

I was going out the door when I decided I would never come back here again so I needed to spend the $200. And I did on 1lb bags of beef jerky, containers of Utz bar mix and ginormous containers of white cheddar cheese puff balls. $198.78. A whole cart full and I let them keep the change. The coffee table at work will be covered on Tuesday. See ya Cableas.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 1:29:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By conndcj:
Had the great fortune to get a $200 gift certificate for my birthday. That fortune ended when it was for Cabelas. I have only been there once before and have no real reason to go back as I am not an outdoorsman. If not for shooting, I am the consumate indoorsman. But $200 will buy a lot of ammo and I have 2 LT OBRs to feed. I figured $200 worth of 7.62 would be a nice couple of hours at the range with a Romeo y Julieta Churchill.

I called to make sure the 200rd American Eagle can advertised as on sale for $169 was in stock. He checked, came back to the phone and said "yep, whole pallet". I made the trek, parked amongst the pickups, waded through the sea of camo wearing customers (is that like mandatory Sunday best wear there?) and looked for the ammo. There was a pallet alright...of 9mm ball. All the 7.62 was gone.

I was going out the door when I decided I would never come back here again so I needed to spend the $200. And I did on 1lb bags of beef jerky, containers of Utz bar mix and ginormous containers of white cheddar cheese puff balls. $198.78. A whole cart full and I let them keep the change. The coffee table at work will be covered on Tuesday. See ya Cableas.

Not asking to talk to the manager was a big mistake.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 1:40:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/11/2012 1:41:30 PM EST by bending_rodriguez]
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:

DAMN I could not imagine blowing 200 bucks on nothing but to each their own
I would have rather gotten 200 bucks worth of cleaning patches.
You easily could have gotten a RAIN CHECK for the ammo if they really didn't have it though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:38:31 PM EST

DAMN I could not imagine blowing 200 bucks on nothing but to each their own
I would have rather gotten 200 bucks worth of cleaning patches.
You easily could have gotten a RAIN CHECK for the ammo if they really didn't have it though.

You could have had a field day in their in store arcade
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 12:25:16 PM EST
To be fair, the white cheddar cheeseballs rock.

No sense getting a raincheck for a place I have no intention of ever going back to.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 1:21:31 PM EST
That'll show them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:04:24 PM EST
That'll show them.

Yeah, I don't see how they will make it past the end of the year.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:44:40 AM EST
I also had a $200 gift card for Cabelas, and ended up using it to buy a used 870 Wingmaster for $275 (it had a fugly woodland camo paintjob, but some Citri-Strip took care of that). Granted, it took about 3 hours start to finish to purchase it (which is why I don't think I'll be buying another firearm from them for a while), but I'll go back. When I'm there, one of my favorite areas to look in is the Bargain Cave, sometimes you can get a decent deal on something that's discontinued or with damaged packaging.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:06:15 PM EST
+1 on the bargain cave. i got my H-1 for 345$ and my pelican case for 130$ cant argue with that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:25:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By corylurk:
+1 on the bargain cave. i got my H-1 for 345$ and my pelican case for 130$ cant argue with that.

Bargain cave = once-farted in camo
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:40:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By corylurk:

Bargain cave = once-farted in camo

your looking in the wrong spots then
Top Top