Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2014 8:01:01 PM EDT
I sent him an email about the FAA's change in hiring practices for air traffic controllers.  (see this thread here)

I generally only ever get form letters as I'm writing letters about issues that they are probably getting thousands of letters/emails about. On rare occasion I'll get a letter or email reply actually written to me. This is the first time I had a staffer call me to talk about an email I wrote.

Wish I had a copy of the letter but for some reason I didn't get a forwarded copy like I usually do. But one of my points was raising the possibility of FAA discriminating against veterans. The staffer assured me that Kline will be demanding answers from the FAA.

Either way, kind of cool to get a call back and nice to know they do, occasionally, pay attention.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I sent him an email about the FAA's change in hiring practices for air traffic controllers.  (see this thread here)

I generally only ever get form letters as I'm writing letters about issues that they are probably getting thousands of letters/emails about. On rare occasion I'll get a letter or email reply actually written to me. This is the first time I had a staffer call me to talk about an email I wrote.

Wish I had a copy of the letter but for some reason I didn't get a forwarded copy like I usually do. But one of my points was raising the possibility of FAA discriminating against veterans. The staffer assured me that Kline will be demanding answers from the FAA.

Either way, kind of cool to get a call back and nice to know they do, occasionally, pay attention.
View Quote

They did not discriminate against vets, its all over stuckmic. The BQ taken during the application was part of the ATSAT, and it had an effect on the score. What it looks like the FAA did was give that part of the test ahead to weed out people with personalities or traits they deemed unsuited to the job. Vets pref. etc only applies to job offers, vets need to meet the same pre-reqs as any other applicant.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Sacrificing quality for equality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top