Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 5:57:13 AM EDT
In case you had not heard, Denver Post bi-line:

An epic national debate over gun rights in Colorado on Tuesday saw two Democratic state senators ousted for their support for stricter laws, a "ready, aim, fired" message intended to stop other politicians for pushing for firearms restrictions.

First recall election in Colorado history.
John Morse was President of Senate
Angela Giron was Rep for Pueblo county
$3,000,000 in outside money for NO vote (Bloomberg and pals), $361,000 from NRA for YES

Still a Dem majority but probably more cautious on the issue.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
good
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  This is awesome.  I hope they get more of them in the next election.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Meanwhile, craziness continues in California as they redefine the word assault weapon again:

SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - New sales of semi-automatic rifles with removable magazines would be banned in California under a bill passed by the Democratic-led state legislature on Tuesday, and those who already own such weapons would have to register them.

It would classify an assault weapon as any rifle that accepts a detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, and would ban its sale or purchase. People who already own such weapons would be required to register them.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#4]
This is awesome news!  Dem legislators will know there is risk involved in just blindly following or making deals with their liberal handlers.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I was in CO when they voted that crap into place.

Morse was a prick about it, so I'm glad to see him go down.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully this makes them pause for a second next time they try to shut the public out of the process.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#7]
hell yea, this was the first thing I looked up when I got up this am
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#8]
correct me if I am wrong but weren't they hoping to get a dozen or more of them recalled?  did they only succeed on two or do I have bad info?

they are still democrat controlled right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Only two recall petitions were filed.
Yes, still democrat controlled, but many are more moderate.  Morse did a lot of arm twisting to get it passed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, still democrat controlled, but many are more moderate.  Morse did a lot of arm twisting to get it passed.
View Quote

gotcha.  I had bad info I guess.  I thought there were more they tried to recall.

I wonder if this is being made a big deal of in colorado?  hopefully they are getting the word out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

gotcha.  I had bad info I guess.  I thought there were more they tried to recall.

I wonder if this is being made a big deal of in colorado?  hopefully they are getting the word out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They initially went for 4, each recall effort was its own group. The two others barely made it off the ground, from what I understand they lacked organization.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#12]
As a former Colorado resident of 10 years...I approve this message.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is awesome news!  Dem legislators will know there is risk involved in just blindly following or making deals with their liberal handlers.  
View Quote

well said
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top