Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 5:06:02 PM EDT
Hey everybody. I just got back this weekend from upstate NY where I took a buddy of mine and went shooting. After shooting a couple of my AR's he has decided he wants to put one of his own together. So this saturday I was hoping to take him to a store to pick out a lower receiver. I believe his father is coming with us to so that he can take a look see around. Both of them are new to ARs and I was wondering where you reccomend going for a shop that has a good selection of built rifles and decent prices but more importantly where the employees aren't A-holes. I've bought from forest and field before as well as Hoffmans and despite the fact that I walked in and laid out cash they still treated me like a piece of garbage. I plan on grabbing a few lowers while I'm there for myself too, but was just wondering what you all thought. I was thinking JoJos because I've never been there but I also didn't know what there inventory was like since their website talks more about their gunsmithing than sales.

Thanks in advance,
Steve.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:33:36 PM EDT
GO TO JOJOS THERE THE ABSOLUTE BEST<<<
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:46:39 PM EDT
They have quite a lot as far as AR parts and assy's
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:25:01 PM EDT
I go to Newington Gun Exchange for everything I need. Even if I don't buy anything, the Chinese shack next door gets me a cheap lunch.

- BG
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:46:16 AM EDT
Cant go wrong with NGX or JoJo's, just stay away from hoffmans.......
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:04:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
I go to Newington Gun Exchange for everything I need. Even if I don't buy anything, the Chinese shack next door gets me a cheap lunch.

- BG

There is much wisdom in this post. Especially the second half.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:08:37 AM EDT
Go to JOJO's. Your buddy should be able to walk out with everything he needs to build an AR. I was there last week and there was stripped uppers and lowers in stock...Stag I think.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:53:16 AM EDT
If I was just looking to build a custom AR, then JoJo's would be my first and only shop.

If I was looking for a wide selection of new/used pistols & long guns, Newington Gun would be my first stop.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:28:59 PM EDT
Despite the food option..... I think I'm going to give JoJos a try. I'll be about 15 minutes away at the steel supplier so that should work out perfectly Thanks a lot for the opinions guys.

-Steve
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:43:08 PM EDT
When my son was home on leave (he lives in TX) he went back home with a bunch of AR stuff from JOJO's. He knows his AR's and he likes JOJO's. I think they are a Brownells supplier now too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:58:52 PM EDT
Hey guys. Another satisfied JoJos customer here. My buddy ended up with a 16 inch stag with rails and flip up irons that he's hopefully going to put an eotech on soon. I walked in looking for a scattergun and ended up leaving with a debit card bill and my first form 4. I'll setup an appointment this week at the police station and see how it goes

-steve
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:12:44 PM EDT
JoJo's should have everything you need
Top Top