Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:13:44 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a good rifle range in southern Louisiana that is 300+ yards distance that you can pay as you shoot i.e. you do not have to join a club?  When I say southern LA I mean with in 60 miles of Baton Rouge.  Thanks in advance for anyone’s input.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#1]
How about Honey Island or the new club around Gonzales?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Honey Island is 100 yard now and a 200 yard is in the plans.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The LA State high power rifle championship will be fired at a range near Baton Rouge. It's called Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club and is close to Donaldsville, LA.

I know it has 600 yards, but having not shot there yet, don't know much else about it. Might be worth checking into for the pay as you shoot though.

www.paloaltogunclub.com/mambo/
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
A girl that I'm seeing now shoots competitions with her dad at Palo Alto.  Next time they go practice I'm going to see if you can pay as you play or if you have to join, as well as the cost of a membership.  And, yes, they have 600 yard ranges cause that's the distance my girl and her dad shoots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Heres the one I shoot at in  New Iberia Its free.
http://iberiaso.org/edu_shoot_ran.php
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
There's one down in Thibodaux near the prison.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You have to join at Palo ALto.  There is no pay as you go.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#8]
The Ascension Parish Sheriff's range near the Tanger Outlet has open days for the public to use.  I've only been there for matches on the weekends, so I don't know all the details of the public use days.  Try contacting the APSO to get more info.  They do have a 300 yd range.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#9]

There is a Range in Thibodaux, La Lafourche Parish) called Southern Shooting Center. You must be a member. See the WebSite below.

http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There is a Range in Thibodaux, La Lafourche Parish) called Southern Shooting Center. You must be a member. See the WebSite below.

http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/

-Mike

I am pretty sure you can pay $20 for 2 hours of range time unless the changed their policy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of a good rifle range in southern Louisiana that is 300+ yards distance that you can pay as you shoot i.e. you do not have to join a club?  When I say southern LA I mean with in 60 miles of Baton Rouge.  Thanks in advance for anyone’s input.

Voncoz:

There is a range at the Sherburne WMA between Krotz Springs and Livonia.  If you're coming from that direction, it will be easier to come down US 190.  You can get on the I10 bridge in BR and take the LA 415 exit to get to US 190.  You will go through Port Allen, Erwinville and Livonia, then you will turn off just before the US 190 bridge over the Atchafalaya into Krotz Springs.  Go left under the bridge, head down the dirt road a mile or two, the range is on the left.  

It's pretty popular with the arfcom lads in the area.  No fee that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Meant to add, its about a 40 mile trip.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Oops, I feel like a noobie.  I don't think the range is that long.  Prolly 100 yards at most.  I know there is a pistol and rifle range there, but I doubt they have 300 yard rifle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Sherburne is a 100 yd rifle range with a separate 25 yd pistol range.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#15]
i am a palo alto member.  there is no pay as you go.  you get a year long membership and a gate code.  sign in when you enter, sign out when you leave.  you are your own range officer.

rarely is there anyone else at the range.  very quiet, don't have to worry about idiots, can go down range any time you please when you're there alone (again, 95% of the time).

it is frowned upon that you shoot 300yds+ without someone behind the berm at palo.  the club prefers you have someone to call and mark your shots with walkie talkies at that distance.  

members can bring guests for a charge of $5 per range visit.  money is mailed in to the club.

here are some pics i've taken at the range:
pic from 600yd line-

zoom of 600yd berm/backstop and 200yd line in foreground-

600yd line cover-

dedicated 100yd range-

100yd cover-

pistol range (50yds)-

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top