Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 11:24:41 AM EDT
I'm less than a week away from making my 1st rifle purchase (Oly Arms Plinker Plus 16"). However, I was wondering, what public ranges are in/around Monmouth county that I can shoot at with my rifle? Trying to google it up gets me nowhere fast (either it points to pistol/22-only ranges or ranges with no descriptions of what they allow). I'm really looking forward to my new hobby, but I also dont want to drive across the state just to enjoy it (In which case it's going to be pretty infequent, given the gas prices and all). Am I screwed, or are there ranges I can goto that are close to home?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:24:29 PM EDT
Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club in Jackson but you have to join to become a member to shoot. It's pretty expensive to join the first year but when your done with that it's as low as $100.00 a year there after. Send me an IM and I can bring you as a guest. I 'm ther just about every Sunday.

Now the Oly Plinker, that's another story. I don't own one but have read some horror stories about them. I read when a fellow was shooing his with factory ammo and the barrel just seperated from the receiver while he was shooting it. I would save a bit more and get a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:00:45 AM EDT
There's also Range 14 @ Fort Dix.

There's also a range in Wall Twsp, Monmouth County Rifle & Pistol Club though I haven't been there.
Top Top