Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 5:47:35 PM EDT
Anybody have a recomendation for a source on new-in-wrapper 30 round magazines of the molly/teflon coated aluminum variety?

The magazines we are supposed to be using in country are the same magazines that we've had in the past that are all beat to hell.  We've had so many problems with rifles that can be attributed to magazines that I'm looking to pickup my own.  It's pretty un-nerving when you go to slap a magazine up the well of an M16 and you have to beat on it since the body of the mag or the feedlips have bulged out to prevent proper insertion.  Most of them are worn to bare metal, have the old black followers, and have likely been improperly maintained.  

I've see Bushmaster  and DPMS have their 30 round mags for sale for $20 ea.  Anybody have any comments on these?  I'm looking at picking up 10.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Mag board on EE.  I know someone who shoots only full auto and he loves the steel British Mags ....................swears by 'em . Says the dont flex at all !!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The Bushmaster mags are Mil-Spec and I've heard they're good to go.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill second the SA80 british steel mags.  brand spanking new, 18 bucks (or so)...reliable as can be...

and can be used as an impact weapon when empty.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about the British steel mags, but I wanted something that was within spec.  I found out that the DPMS and the Bushmaster mags were made by Labelle, and they were given good marks so I went ahead and ordered up 10 of them.

Forgot to order some green followers for converting 6 of the 7 issue mags I have that don't have them.  Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top