Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:46:36 PM EDT
I'm in King of Prussia for work and was curious if anyone knew a good place to purchase a RRA AR15 lower for a good price?  Or is this area not the place I want to try and buy a lower?  I only ask because I can't find a local KY dealer for a decent price on a lower.

Thanks if advance!

-X
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Give Howard at www.jbarms.com.  He normally stocks them and is about 30 min from KOP.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm in King of Prussia for work

You too, huh?  I haven't found any gun shops in the area but I recommend Rock Bottom Brewery for beer and Fox and Hound or Bahama Breeze for 'sight seeing'.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not call RRA or ADCO and just have any local FFL send a copy of his cert to them. He should do a transfer for a small fee...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Better Bullets is either on or just off of S Henderson Rd in KOP. Insite Firearms is about 20 min west on the other side of Norristown.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If Quakertown isn't too far, try Dave Donely of Donley's Guns...

Donely's Gun Shop Web Site

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why not call RRA or ADCO and just have any local FFL send a copy of his cert to them. He should do a transfer for a small fee...

For some cracked out reason, all of the local dealers (gun store, pawn shops, etc.) have stopped doing transfers.    They said there is "too much of a liability issue" with these transfers.  Well, there is one store that'll do it, but they want $45 regardless if it's a stripped lower or an entire rifle.    Hell with that.  I'll find one while I'm out working accross the country.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys!  I'll be trying to stop at a couple on my way home tomorrow.

-X
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

For some cracked out reason, all of the local dealers (gun store, pawn shops, etc.) have stopped doing transfers.    They said there is "too much of a liability issue" with these transfers.  Well, there is one store that'll do it, but they want $45 regardless if it's a stripped lower or an entire rifle.  -X

Huh? Really? You need a new gun shop! I have never heard of any refusing to do transfers and have never been charged more that $ 25 - $30 per.

Supporting your local shop is great to do but only if they deserve it. Otherwise buy online and save the tax.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top