Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 8:52:35 AM EDT
looking for .223 match for my "SPR"

52 gr
68 gr

Doesn't have to be SMK, and can be recycled ( I know BH sells the recycled for half the price of the first run stuff)

Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:27:56 AM EDT
I think Carter's has pretty good deals on Black Hills. But for quantity and quality, go by Wally-world and pick up Winchester .223 white box. That stuff is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:33:40 AM EDT
Thats actually what I was thinking about doing.

I don't really need any match right now (not planning on shooting any looters over 200 m away)

So yeah, I'll probably pick up a couple boxes of the Win. white box
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:39:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 11:39:32 AM EDT by MauserMark]

Originally Posted By Marine2f2:
Thats actually what I was thinking about doing.

I don't really need any match right now (not planning on shooting any looters over 200 m away)

So yeah, I'll probably pick up a couple boxes of the Win. white box

don't underestimate it. I had a nice Bushy 16" Hbar scoped. All I really shot off a bench was winchester (from Wally-world) and black hills. The BH had maybe a half-inch difference in groups at 100 yards. That's all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:44:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 11:44:31 AM EDT by Marine2f2]
No disrespect to winchester intended ....I just usually prefer to see those tight little groups my 20" HB "SPR"ish rifle spits out with Black Hills match. It makes me feel all warm and tingly inside....

I think I'd rather pop thugs and looters with cheaper ammo anyway, I'll save the good stuff for a piece of paper that is more worthy of it.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:49:04 AM EDT
can't remember if you already said, we're you a marine?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:49:52 AM EDT
That's affirmative...got out last summer
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:55:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 11:55:30 AM EDT by MauserMark]

That's affirmative...got out last summer

so what's your experience with the AR/M16/M4 in wet, or dirty environments with respect to reliability.

I could go on the AR discussions, but every couch commando would give me a biased opinion.

oh, and thank you for your service!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:58:57 AM EDT
In my honest opinion and experience, I never had any real problems with it.

I spent some time in the desert and it functioned fine (I had an M4 then) ....

I spent some time in the jungle where it was always wet and it functioned fine(I had an M16 then)....

the only problem I ever had with it was mud.....I got it caked in the mag well and around the chamber and it had problems feeding and ejecting.....but as far as use for personal defense situations arising from flooding here in houston, I would think that it wouldn't have any problems performing

Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:12:12 PM EDT

In my honest opinion and experience, I never had any real problems with it.

I spent some time in the desert and it functioned fine (I had an M4 then) ....

I spent some time in the jungle where it was always wet and it functioned fine(I had an M16 then)....

the only problem I ever had with it was mud.....I got it caked in the mag well and around the chamber and it had problems feeding and ejecting.....but as far as use for personal defense situations arising from flooding here in houston, I would think that it wouldn't have any problems performing

Just my 2 cents

thanks for the feedback.

only thing I've heard is that submerging it, then shooting it right after can cause a kaboom in the gas tube.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:25:25 PM EDT
Don't know if you have a Cabela's down there but if you do they do sell the BH ammo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:34:59 AM EDT
talk to the people at carter's country on treswhig(sp?)

the sell by the cases if you ask and sometimes have sales which makes it pretty decent priced.

they have the blue box stuff
Top Top