Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2007 8:01:50 AM EDT
What good gun stores are in New Mexico?  Especially Las Cruces / alamogordo area?  I am looking to purchase a specific rifle that the gun shop in alamogordo doesn't have, and I don't get the impression that they like to do transfers.  The owner himself seems like a really nice guy, but when I asked one of the employees he was like "we have ar-15's, don't like to do transfers for stuff we have".

Well what if i want a specific AR-15 you don't have?  What if i want a colt 6920 and all you've got are 20 inch bushmasters?  Big difference.

I think the owner will do transfers for me if he can't get it, and he did tell me he could order me bushmasters.  But i would rather try to find what I want before I ask him to do any transfers or ordering for me.  In all fairness I didn't actually ask the owner about the issue of transfers, and he's always been helpful.  i don't mind paying a fair price for transfers either.  I know that you've got to fund your store front and still make a living.  Its just that the employee kind of made me a little hesitant.  I don't mind paying a little extra for the store front.  I like to support my local fun-shops.  If I can find the rifle that I would like in alamo/las cruces without a transfer I will jump on it.  But if you don't have it whats wrong with a transfer?

specifically I want a 20 inch A2, aramalite.  I am also getting a Colt 6920.  Probably in that order, but not 100% for sure.  Reason I want the Colt is because for a carbine I prefer M-4 feedramp cuts.  A carbine that wasn't a Colt that had the M-4 feedramps would definitely be considered.

Anyway, where should I look / call to see if anybody has these in stock or can get them?  In alamo the gun shop has a 20 inch armalite but it is a post ban with a fixed compensator and I don't want that.  I want a standard A2 flash hider that IS NOT perm. attached.  Twist rate not important, as long as I can shoot M193 and M855 out of it (1-7 to 1-9)

Where should I look in the area?
Any help appreciated guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top