Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 12:59:50 PM EDT
Well, my Memorial Day range session at CE went very well.  All the benches were full, but nobody had to wait.  Of course, I got there early so it really didn't matter.    

Anyway, I did the break-in thing and launched about 80 rounds of surplus .308.  I actually got one 3 round 100 yd group that measured .625".  Not bad for a new barrel and Portugese surplus.  I'm going to pick up some Black Hills 175gr and see what I can do.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Bradd-
Tell me about the rifle...

I've actually thought about getting a .308, but I doubt I could summon enough patience to match the strenuous 1-round-per-five-minutes pace that I've seen people wearing U.S, Sky Marshall hats shooting.
 Some people (me) just don't belong.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Bradd, does this mean you sold the other rifle?  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I doubt I could summon enough patience to match the strenuous 1-round-per-five-minutes pace that I've seen people wearing U.S, Sky Marshall hats shooting.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hobbit...the rifle is a Winchester 70 Stealth.  Here's some info...winchester-guns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=535&type_id=027&cat=001C

The long range game can be nerve racking and there are many different opinions on what to do, etc.  It's easy to get caught up in everything and be anal.  I don't know how much of it is necessary, though.

Mark...I actually own 2 of these fine rifles.  I decided to break-in the new one and see what kind of accuracy I can get out of it.  The other one will go towards financing another new toy.  In fact, I picked it up today.  I'll give you a couple of hints...

1. Bernie's.
2. "Would you like inch or metric mags with that, sir?".

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, Bradd.  I live through you.  

I think "sniper school" really did a number on you.  Only the most accurate of rifles will do.  Not that that is bad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]

I loved shooting yours so much I thought I'd get my own!  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:05:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Too cool.  Tapco used to have a deal on NIW mags, 10 for $100.  Now it's $200 for the same box of mags.  They've got some good used mags.  I've also had good luck with impact-guns.com.  They sometimes have the NIW mags for $100 still.

Can't wait to see yours.  I take it you got the carbine?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can't wait to see yours.  I take it you got the carbine?

Yes, sir.  The full size guns balance so well that I thought lopping off 4 inches of barrel would throw off the handling, but it handles very well.  It seems surprisingly light, too.  Of course, anything would seem light after humping the 12 pound Winny.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]
mags www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=532060&chrSuperSKU= Have not bought any but the ad says new. Could check on falfiles to see if anyone has tried these.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top