Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2011 4:48:12 PM EDT
Hi everyone,

I'm on the hunt for a pistol or scout scope for a Garand project I'm working on.  Does anyone know of a place with a good variety?  I live in central VA but have family up north and go up there often (I-95).  I figure the big box stores have a better selection, but may not stock scopes for a niche market, is there a place that's better suited for this?

Thanks for the help  

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The best prices and places I've found for scopes is right here on the internet. I have bought a few scopes from SWFA but there are others also.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The best prices and places I've found for scopes is right here on the internet. I have bought a few scopes from SWFA but there are others also.

+1 on SWFA, there 110% price guarantee has gotten me even better deals at times.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea SWFA is where I've bought my last 3 scopes, but I also learned to look through them before I buy

I guess I can always use their awesome CS and as long as I don't mount it, I can exchange it.  This will be my first experience with long eye-relief scopes, so I don't even know what will work best for me or my lil project.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Best prices will be on the internet. If you want to actually look at one in person I would say Bass Pro Shops. They will probably have the largest selection.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Gander Mountain between Roanoke and Troutville off 81 probably has the most scopes in stock that you can actually look thru in central Virginia.

But, I buy from Natchezss or SWFA too.

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gander Mountain between Roanoke and Troutville off 81 probably has the most scopes in stock that you can actually look thru in central Virginia.

A big F*$k you to Gander Mtn and all it represents. GO there and try out the scope, they have a decent selection of S&B scopes, but don't buy from them. Buy online. SWFA or opticsplanet.com FTW.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A big F*$k you to Gander Mtn and all it represents. GO there and try out the scope, they have a decent selection of S&B scopes, but don't buy from them. Buy online. SWFA or opticsplanet.com FTW.

+1 They have a nice display to look through, but buy somewhere else and save big bucks doing so.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Best variety I've seen is at Bass Pro, Gander, or Dominion Outdoors in Stuarts Draft/Waynesboro.
That said, you will save hundreds online, even for scopes with MAP pricing (which is most of the them).
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks everyone for the help.  I called and went to a few places and tracked down what I thought I wanted...turns out I don't know if handgun scopes are going to do it for me .  I may have to go the red dot route and just reduce the maximum range I could shoot at.  Them darn things are hard to see through and the eye relief is pretty tricky.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out Green top in Ashland?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I usually get my scopes at Optics Planet anymore.  Great prices and free shipping.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Check out Green top in Ashland?

Dang! I forgot about them!

I'll probably give them a call later in the week and go up there this weekend.  I think I need to keep trying them out and being patient with 'em to get used to the eye-relief and sight picture differneces.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I usually get my scopes at Optics Planet anymore.  Great prices and free shipping.

I've never seen the words Optics Planet and great prices together in the same sentence.
I find their prices often high or even at MSRP.  Maybe I'm looking for the wrong things. They dabble in a bit of everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top