Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find it using the search function.

My buddies and I like to go car camping/shooting a couple times a year.  We've got a spot on National Forest land up a dead end road up the North Fork of the Snoqualmie where we've gone a few times, but I'd like to find somewhere better.  Any recommendations?

P.S. We're all responsible shooters in our '30s and 40s who pick up our brass and try to maintain a positive image for our fellow shooters.

P.P.S.  We'd drive farther for a really good spot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find it using the search function.

My buddies and I like to go car camping/shooting a couple times a year.  We've got a spot on National Forest land up a dead end road up the North Fork of the Snoqualmie where we've gone a few times, but I'd like to find somewhere better.  Any recommendations?

P.S. We're all responsible shooters in our '30s and 40s who pick up our brass and try to maintain a positive image for our fellow shooters.

I don't know about alot of other places...but

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=207032
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm interested.  Where?  What's LCR?  Never mind - I was able to find the answers using the search function.  I'll try to go if I can get a kitchen pass and directions or a guide.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm interested.  Where?  What's LCR?

This'll get ya started: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=205354

Then do a search on Hometown for "LCR" over the last 3 months
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just past the GF pit is the entrance to Green Mountain.  There are several areas up there that are easy to get to and are good for either car ot tent.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Scrun family and the Kooters' camped at Fall Creek campground in the Capital Forest last weekend. Great place, FREE, 90 minutes from Seattle.

+1

There is several places to shoot through out the forest, and several different campgrounds to choose from.

BTW: where are the pics Scrun??
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Scrun family and the Kooters' camped at Fall Creek campground in the Capital Forest last weekend. Great place, FREE, 90 minutes from Seattle.

+1

There is several places to shoot through out the forest, and several different campgrounds to choose from.

BTW: where are the pics Scrun??

MrsScrun has them in her camera............

Where the heck is she then?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/simsqu/sandwich.jpg

In that case, as soon as she is finished......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In that case, as soon as she is finished......

And when she is done with your's can I get a Tuna on Wonder bread?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Any places in the Stampede Pass area?  There are miles and miles of roads back there.  I've esplored a little bit and it looks promising.  We usually go out in late fall, winter and/or early spring, so we usually don't see many people.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever!  

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll post the pictures this evening after work......
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll post the pictures this evening after work......

It's evening after work.

Now it is weekend after lunch...

I think I need another sammich.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's a few.......

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Bad Form Dude! You got your finger inside the well on the trigger even though the gun is pointed in the air, the finger should be off the trigger until you are actually engaged in shooting. This is not a flame, just a hint!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top