Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/14/2013 10:35:36 AM EDT
Hey guys, I've collected all the parts I need to construct a replica M1A1 Carbine. California law sees it as an icky "assault weapon," so I keep it with the folks in Tucson.

I'm looking for a gunsmith who's experienced with M1 Carbines to assemble it for me, either in Tucson or the greater Phoenix area. Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:58:16 AM EDT
They are going to need a 07 FFL. That is considered manufacturing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 12:34:29 PM EDT
Also, I won't be shipping anything; I'll deliver the parts in person (receiver, barrel, stock, etc.).

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:11:48 PM EDT
If it is a barreled receiver, I have the tools to do it. I have done my own a few years ago, and it is fairly simple, and a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:58:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By aztrooper:
If it is a barreled receiver, I have the tools to do it. I have done my own a few years ago, and it is fairly simple, and a lot of fun.

Thanks, but the barrel is not installed into the receiver at this point.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:06:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GI-45:

Originally Posted By aztrooper:

Thanks, but the barrel is not installed into the receiver at this point.

You might want to head on over to the CMP Forums. There are a lot of Arizona M1 lovers/afficianados that I am sure can assist you. You just need a barrel vise, and some instruction, and you can have the knowledge of building your own. There are many that have done it, and I am sure are willing to help. I can put in a request for you if you like.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:27:16 PM EDT
I have the tools to barrel it up and set the headspace. I'm up in Mesa.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:41:26 PM EDT
Cool, thanks guys.
Top Top