Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2008 8:18:15 AM EDT
Ok, I'm relatively new to NJ (though already looking to leave but have a nice job) and I've decided I want an ar-15. Never really thought much about them until I got to shoot one, now I'm addicted.

I was in Ramsey Outdoor store buying a shotgun to go shoot clays this weekend and I asked them about doing FFL transfers on a stripped lower. The price? $90!!!! (includes NICS) So I'm looking for another FFL. I've seen some references to the True Value in Loncoln Park. Anyone know who I should contact there and what the price is?

Also alternatively, can I get it shipped to an FFL in NY or PA and go pick it up in person? NY is not that far away and I have family that lives in PA so I'm there fairly frequently. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=323796
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
$90 for just the transfer? Who did you talk to? If you order it through them, I think you`ll do better price wise.
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok, I'm relatively new to NJ (though already looking to leave but have a nice job) and I've decided I want an ar-15. Never really thought much about them until I got to shoot one, now I'm addicted.

I was in Ramsey Outdoor store buying a shotgun to go shoot clays this weekend and I asked them about doing FFL transfers on a stripped lower. The price? $90!!!! (includes NICS) So I'm looking for another FFL. I've seen some references to the True Value in Loncoln Park. Anyone know who I should contact there and what the price is?

Also alternatively, can I get it shipped to an FFL in NY or PA and go pick it up in person? NY is not that far away and I have family that lives in PA so I'm there fairly frequently. Thanks!

Hmm... if You're up in the bergen county area, Jim's Gunshop handled one for me. He's a cop- but he was telling me how he got about 10k rounds of .223 and like 6k of .308 after 9-11, it was a healthy number like that. Def Arfcommer material.
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Jim Flynn's Truck Repair in Glen Gardner NJ does transfers for $20 plus $15 nics.

Donley's gun shop in Quakertown PA is also a great guy if more close to you.  He does custom ARs as well.

Both of the above guys stock stripped lowers, and complete rifles, and will also handle transfers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't remember who it was I talked to but because it's considered a new firearm, the transfer was more expensive. I guess I can see that. Jim's gun shop is a little far from me as is Jim Flynn's but it's on the way to family in PA so that might be the best route to go. Thanks a lot guys. I did find one in Lincoln Park (The True Value) through gunbroker which I sent an e-mail to asking about the transfer. All he had to say was that AR-15's are illegal in NJ. hinking.gif Oh well, would have been really close to me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't remember who it was I talked to but because it's considered a new firearm, the transfer was more expensive. I guess I can see that. Jim's gun shop is a little far from me as is Jim Flynn's but it's on the way to family in PA so that might be the best route to go. Thanks a lot guys. I did find one in Lincoln Park (The True Value) through gunbroker which I sent an e-mail to asking about the transfer. All he had to say was that AR-15's are illegal in NJ. Oh well, would have been really close to me.

Complete firearms are subject to a 10% federal tax.

AR15s are named assault weapons in NJ... but the legal variants are not.  Stag15, bushmaster .... etc (Provided that they dont have prohibited features).
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Provided that they dont have prohibited features

Pretty hard to find any evil features on a stripped lower  
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#8]

freehold area.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Give "PK90" here on the boards a buz.  Or [email protected] He has come through for me several times
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
I did find one in Lincoln Park (The True Value) through gunbroker which I sent an e-mail to asking about the transfer. All he had to say was that AR-15's are illegal in NJ. hinking.gif Oh well, would have been really close to me.

Hi,

I have done a lot of hand gun transfers and even an AK with no problems.Call Lincoln Park (The True Value) 973-694-1150 and ask for Bruce and let him know what you have coming in. Maybe one of the other guys that works there answered your email and gave you the wrong information. They charge $35 for transfer with Nics.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#11]
have had really great experiences in the past with police products corp in Wyckoff.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
losdos.dyndns.org:8080/ar15/FFL-card.jpg

freehold area.

ar-jedi

I've used Vinny Pugliese several times in the past and I've recommended him to friends.  Every transaction has been great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top