Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2009 1:31:23 PM EDT
I'm ready to take the Concealed carry class in or near Raleigh with my brother-in-law.  Does anyone have any suggestions or places they would recommend?  Any place to avoid?
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard PDHSC's is good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I took my course here:

JCC Concealed Carry Course

I've heard the PDHSC class is good.

http://www.pdhsc.com/training.htm
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I took mine from  Chris Raper in Wilson.  http://www.concealedhandguncarry.com/1.html

Not many CCW  instructors can say they survived a gun fight at arms length.  http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_2_33/ai_n31326653/
He also teaches an "after deadly force" class.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Know a buddy that took a class at Wake County Firearms Training Center. Its part sponsored by the sheriff's department, so he chose it to in his mind "get it from the horse’s mouth". I would also recommend PDHSC from being there and using their range they seem like a very knowledgeable group of guys so I’m sure the instructor that they have is a good one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 2:26:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Know a buddy that took a class at Wake County Firearms Training Center. Its part sponsored by the sheriff's department, so he chose it to in his mind "get it from the horse’s mouth". I would also recommend PDHSC from being there and using their range they seem like a very knowledgeable group of guys so I’m sure the instructor that they have is a good one.

I know 2 people that took the class at PDHSC.  Steve Johnson was their instructor, he's the one that wrote the red book you get in the class...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:15:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Did mine at Sir Walter Gun Club. A few years or so ago it was one day and $65,
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't believe that the sheriff's department has anything to do with it. They use part of the range but as far as I know, they have nothing to do with the classes. The classes and the range is run by an offshoot of Sir Walter Gun Club. I've taken classes there, including my CCW, and recommend it. If you take your class there, you also get a range card and a free hour of future range time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Wife and I took ours at DCWC in RTP. Nice range, comfy chairs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top