Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2018 9:38:11 AM EDT
Need to find a new pistol range in KCMO. The one near to my house is OK for shooting at paper (they make you shoot really slow or you get yelled at). Need a more practical range. Also, does anyone here do IDPA matches in the area? Thought about giving that a try.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Is target time near your AO? They don’t care how fast you shoot, and they have full auto rentals.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I (as well as a few others around here) are members of Pioneer Gun Club.  We have both indoor and outdoor ranges.  The indoor range is available 24/7 and the outdoor range is available basically sun up to sun down.  It's self-policing, with few crazy rules, just be safe while shooting.  All of the current rules are common sense things in my mind, but it is slowing getting stricter as people are being dumb.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is target time near your AO? They don’t care how fast you shoot, and they have full auto rentals.
View Quote
Looks like they are quite a bit east of me.... but is probably worth the drive. I am closer to Liberty, MO

Dave
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a range near Parkville by the Missouri river I've been meaning to check out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, there is a private range in Higginsville I use, the Lafayette gun club.  Near Liberty there is an indoor range at Show Me and in Independence on Truman road, there is a gun store called Armsmart with an indoor range, never used either of those.  There is Lake City Aresnal range run by the state with LOTS of rules.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Pigeon Hill in St. Joe is an unmanned Missouri department of conservation range. It’s not that bad of a drive from liberty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's a range near Parkville by the Missouri river I've been meaning to check out.
View Quote
State ran range with babysitters. One round every 3 or 5 seconds or something. I only use it to zero new optics

Dave
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pigeon Hill in St. Joe is an unmanned Missouri department of conservation range. It’s not that bad of a drive from liberty.
View Quote
What distances do they have there? Are there any steel plates or do they just have stands to out your own targets up?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#9]
100 yards is the longest for rifle.  You attach your target backers to an orange plastic fence, like they have on construction sites.  I use large paper clips.  No steel plates.  The range is at the bottom of a hill on an crappy gravel road.  It was pretty busy the last time I was there on a weekend.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What distances do they have there? Are there any steel plates or do they just have stands to out your own targets up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have 25, 50, and 100 yard ranges. They have netting set up to hang paper targets from. I’ve never seen people shooting steel up there, but I’ve seen people shooting those self sealing spinning targets on the pistol range. It can get pretty busy up there on the weekends. I usually try to go out during a weekday.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
In terms of IDPA style shooting, the Bullet Hole in Overland Park has a USPSA competition pretty much every Friday night. That I try to make it to as much as my schedule allows. I believe the also have IDPA matches there on occasion.

Pigeon Hill is a cool range, I only go there when its super hot/cold or raining. The amount of idiots with terrible muzzle and trigger discipline is why I never go when it will be populated.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to shoot IDPA in St Joe on Tuesday nights. I don't know if they still do or not. I also think they had some "combat" type shoot in Kearney
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are referring to Parma, its stricked.  No fast firing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top