Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 5:11:49 PM EST
Probably common knowledge, and I half-assed my search, so...

I know my OR CHL is not valid, (I think I can get a non-resident WA permit, correct?)

Otherwise what are my options for driving north this weekend with my pistol?
I was thinking: mag on belt, unloaded G19 in backpack...

That ok, or am I missing the point?

Sorry for asking a question I really should know the answer to by now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:21:42 PM EST
Not sure about the unloaded carry in WA, never looked it up. But you can get a WA Non-Res permit, or even better, get a Utah that'll cover it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:37:57 PM EST

Getting a non-res permit is simple.

Just go to the Clark Co So, fill out the form, show them your oregon permit, get finger prints done, pay $65 (I think). Permit comes in the mail.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:47:31 PM EST
That's the eventual plan - just not for this weekend.

Just checking the legalities/requirements for having the pistol with me, but not on me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:56:59 PM EST
Try posting in the WA hometown forum.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:04:59 PM EST
Hey Gackman - do you have to have a reason for a non res WA permit - like would they give a non res to a So OR res that rarely goes to WA?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:03:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Face_N_The_Crowd:
Hey Gackman - do you have to have a reason for a non res WA permit - like would they give a non res to a So OR res that rarely goes to WA?

If they need a reason, they never asked me. This was in like 2001.

I think it hinges on already having an OR permit to show them. Very fast process.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:22:59 PM EST
Man I thought it was a major PIA to get an out of state CHL for WA. I might have to look into that now. Woud be nice to be able to carry up there when we go visit family.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:46:48 PM EST
Get the Utah permit -- it gets you something like 25 states :)
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:26:49 AM EST
Before I received my WA permit I called the CCS. They said keep it on the dash or on the front seat in plain sight. I forgot if he said loaded or unloaded...I don't have any of the latter so ...

Call for now...get the permit. Easy as pie!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:53:19 AM EST
interested in this too as I often amble up north...the Utah permit sounds like the thing to have, so how do you get your grubbies on one of those ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:38:30 AM EST
Need to get a hold of OFA or a guy named Moore in Portland. Take a Utah class and send the cash. Still waiting on my permit. Was told to wait 60-75 days...been 30.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:11:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By GackMan:

I think it hinges on already having an OR permit to show them. Very fast process.

Of course its been a few years, but when I was a Oregonian and went to get my WA permit they asked for no reason and you did NOT have to have a Oregon permit either. I was in and out in about 15 minutes start to finish without a appointment and it showed up in the mail about 6 weeks later...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:23:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By OrARGB:
Need to get a hold of OFA or a guy named Moore in Portland. Take a Utah class and send the cash. Still waiting on my permit. Was told to wait 60-75 days...been 30.

Roger's Schedule:

nwsafe.org/#schedule
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:37:34 PM EST
Thank you all.

Take care
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:02:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Belial:

Originally Posted By GackMan:

Of course its been a few years, but when I was a Oregonian and went to get my WA permit they asked for no reason and you did NOT have to have a Oregon permit either. I was in and out in about 15 minutes start to finish without a appointment and it showed up in the mail about 6 weeks later...

Exactly the same for me...it was like they were saying "please come to Washington armed"
Top Top