Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 1:47:19 PM EDT
I will be at McMillers Sunday doing some load testing and trap shooting. I should be there around 10-10:30ish. Melissa is going along with my nephew and his friend.

If anyone else is going let me now so I can meet someone new or talk to someone I have met already.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
what type of loads are you going to be testing?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what type of loads are you going to be testing?

I was gonna tell you I was going here instead of Schultzs this week. You are welcome to come.

I am testing

.338winmag
250gr SMK's in front H414
300gr SMK's in front of H1000

Hornady V-max 40gr in front of H335 to see if I can get them past 4K and have them come apart. And not blow up my rifle.
Hornady A-max 75gr in front of Varget
80gr SMK's in front of Varget

Going to check groupings for
90gr SMK's maybe Varget maybe H335 People say they will not stabilize out of a 1/7. I am going to prove them wrong. They say 1/6.5" or faster. Bahhh.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
That sounds cool, but we've got family stuff lined up for Sun.

Thanks for the heads up.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks fo the invitehI'll call you if plans change
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish I saw this earlier, the wife and I already made plans to go tomorrow (sat.) around 10 a.m.-Todd
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Is McMillers still such a bunch of wound tight anal retentive guys?  I went down there and shot one time with some friends.  I vowed I would never go back.  I had some guy attacking me because I was firing too fast.  I was shooting a scoped rifle and taking plenty of time to aquire and hold on my target between each shot.  I was by no means doing any sort of "rapid fire" or "bump fire".  I just packed up my stuff and left.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is McMillers still such a bunch of wound tight anal retentive guys?  I went down there and shot one time with some friends.  I vowed I would never go back.  I had some guy attacking me because I was firing too fast.  I was shooting a scoped rifle and taking plenty of time to aquire and hold on my target between each shot.  I was by no means doing any sort of "rapid fire" or "bump fire".  I just packed up my stuff and left.

I think it deoends on the  RO of the day. I think they like to stay around the 1 shot per second or less rule. I had one guy tap me on the shoulder once about my ROF. He was cool about it. He said something like "Watch your ROF, the gov. guys will get thier panties in a twist." I think the rules are a bit stiff on ROF, but there are a lot of private homes in the area that have been looking for reasons to close the place down.

It is a nice all around facility that is open to the public, with archery, trap, skeet, 25m, 50m, and 100m ranges. I hope they can open the 200m/300m soon. That one, the operators have been getting death threats over.

I only go there if I need a 100m bench, or I am working up loads for someone. Other than that I have my own private range I can shoot at.

The other reason I enjoy going to McMiller is to watch the vast number of people that cannot shoot thier rifles. It is funny and scary at the same time. I am sure the RCLR guys see these people by the truckload during sight-in. Funny to watch, but scary to think these guys are in the woods hunting around you.

Todd4417, maybe I will catch you next time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hey lets take the M11-9 and MP5 out see if they are anti gun (Gun Owners) the worst kinda of hypocrites
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#9]

The other reason I enjoy going to McMiller is to watch the vast number of people that cannot shoot thier rifles. It is funny and scary at the same time. I am sure the RCLR guys see these people by the truckload during sight-in. Funny to watch, but scary to think these guys are in the woods hunting around you.

Thats one of my favorite things about deer hunting is watching these guys at the range who break out there gun once a year and shoot a large paper plate sized group and are happy with how well there doing (you know the type $1500 gun/optics driven a BMW/SUV). And then watching the old timers with there 30/30 shooting tight little groups. -Todd
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thats one of my favorite things about deer hunting is watching these guys at the range who break out there gun once a year and shoot a large paper plate sized group and are happy with how well there doing (you know the type $1500 gun/optics driven a BMW/SUV). And then watching the old timers with there 30/30 shooting tight little groups. -Todd

You would not believe what we see every year at deer sight green ammo-scope eye-wrong-ammo
not enough ammo-on and on and on fathers making their kids shoot guns that don't fit to powerful they wreck them for life at least we got our safety together on the pistol range all my workers have eyes in back of their heads. when you have thousands of hunters over the four days you got to be on your toes . Dam I love the sight in best time at the club I have all year got a good crew now we need a new cook. If any of you new guys want come work over by us I need good rifle couches and spotters . As week get closer to deer sight I will post a list of what to bring and try to get all the AR15 group over by me who would be interested in working on the pistol range Photoman and MisterPx know how hard we work there but I think its more rewarding then working in the pits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top