Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:45:35 AM EST
What are the good gun shops?

I found Gun Gallery and Shooters. Anything else?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:59:50 AM EST
I asked this same question a couple of weeks ago and those are the two recommended to me. I got a chance to check out Gun Gallery and was impressed. Very nice collection of ARs and accessories. Neil was very nice. It was a Saturday and it was very crowded. Wish I could have stayed a lot longer. I didn't go to Shooters, so I can't tell you much. Seems like the consensus I've seen on here is that it's a good shop with poor customer service, employees giving out bad info due to ignorance or trying to BS people. Like I said, I didn't actually go there, so this is all secondhand from what I've heard on this site. I'd definitely recommend checking out Gun Gallery first, and Shooters if you have time for both.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:02:09 PM EST
gun gallery is definitely worth stopping in to. not a huge selection but most certainly the best of the best products given its customer base (black rifles, defensive handguns/shotguns, appropriate accessories for such, etc.).

shooters is a very well stocked shop that does have a reputation for its employees. for the most part the guys behind the counter are ok. there are a couple of guys that give it a VERY bad rap. very good selection of ar's and accessories as well as almost any handgun you could possibly want. loads of hunting guns too. they also never seem to run out of ammo.

there are lots of little shops also. my buddy just opened a store in mayport (its near the beach). he doesnt have a very large selection yet but he is building it as product comes available.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:39:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By kf4pbm:
gun gallery is definitely worth stopping in to. not a huge selection but most certainly the best of the best products given its customer base (black rifles, defensive handguns/shotguns, appropriate accessories for such, etc.).

shooters is a very well stocked shop that does have a reputation for its employees. for the most part the guys behind the counter are ok. there are a couple of guys that give it a VERY bad rap. very good selection of ar's and accessories as well as almost any handgun you could possibly want. loads of hunting guns too. they also never seem to run out of ammo.

there are lots of little shops also. my buddy just opened a store in mayport (its near the beach). he doesnt have a very large selection yet but he is building it as product comes available.

Where exactly is that shop..I've heard about it, but never knew where on Mayport Rd it was located. Whats the name of it?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:58:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By JaxBushmaster:

Where exactly is that shop..I've heard about it, but never knew where on Mayport Rd it was located. Whats the name of it?

Ditto
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:26:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By JaxBushmaster:

it is in the food lion shopping center. headed toward the base it is on the right about a mile from atlantic. the name of the shop is mcgowan firearms. hopefully he will be able to get some more product in the shop soon as things are seeming to become more available. good shop to do transfers and ccw classes also. he tries to do a class every weekend. if you guys could spread the word and fill up some classes for him i would surely appreciate it, and im sure he would too.
Top Top