Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 8:49:27 AM EDT
I'm thinking I may want to eventually invest into some rural property in Virginia for camping, shooting, hunting, etc.  What's the price per the acre in your area?  I prefer a rifle county within 3-4 hours of Chesapeake, but any info will do.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Pick any number, it all depends on location.  Here's a link to help you do some research on what's available where for how much:

HomesDatabase.com
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked into that about a year ago.  Prices are anywhere from $3K to $7K per acre.  But it depends if it is cleared, wooded, waterfront, pond, stream, percs, has building, proximity to a town, and on and on and on.   The further away I got from the VaBch area, the cheaper it got.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Try this website, "United Country Real Estate". Its a multi listing service of realtors specializing in rural properties. I have been looking for rural Virginia property for a couple of years now and can tell you the cheapest per acre prices are going to be in Southwest Virginia in the areas around South Hill, South Boston, Victoria, etc. the prices there are going to average around $2000/acre.

Anyway check out the website using its search functions you can specify your criteria.

United Country Search by Virginia Real Estate Offices

United Country Search Nationally
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
realtor.com can be your friend also.  You can put in very specific info in the advanced search.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
From doing my internet search, $2000/acre was the lowest I found (Lunenburg County).  

I think for what I want to use the land for, finding a lease will be a better option.  So does anyone know of anyone I can contact for leasing hunting property?  Another option would be to find a Hunt Club to join that accepts beginners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top