Dirt?
Montezuma's Revenge?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:12:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By birdbarian:
What can I bring ya'll back?

Sand?
Dirt?
Montezuma's Revenge?

Whatever you do, leave the hookers on that side of the border!!!

And don't drink the water or the funny looking tea
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:58:56 PM EDT
I have partied there (back in my younger days). Used to live nearby in NM. Watch your back!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:07:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:18:48 PM EDT
I don't want anything from there, but I can think of a few (thousand) things for you to take with you
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:15:53 PM EDT

What can I bring ya'll back?

Authentic hand rolled Cuban cigars........Mmmmmm!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 8:38:14 PM EDT by Muddy]
The majority of Cuban cigars in Mexico are fakes. You may find some decent fakes that make for a good smoke but fakes nonetheless. Spain get's the largest allotment of genuine Cuban cigars so chances are best ordering from there...not that I'd know anything about that kind of stuff.

If you are bringing back goodies, pick up a box or two of Gamesa "Chokies". They are the best damn chocolate chips I have ever had and they're impossible to find in ATL, even at Supermercados that seem to stock every other Gamesa cookie. As a side note, Gamesa is owned by PepsiCo.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:35:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kblagg:
A shot glass would be nice. I'll pay ya back for it when you get back.

If you're serious, I will if I can find one. Don't plan on going to the tourist areas since I'm going solo. Plan on going straight from the Hotel to the Plant and then back to the Hotel. The Plant is across the street from Wally-World. Might be able to find one there.

Originally Posted By Muddy:
The majority of Cuban cigars in Mexico are fakes. You may find some decent fakes that make for a good smoke but fakes nonetheless. Spain get's the largest allotment of genuine Cuban cigars so chances are best ordering from there...not that I'd know anything about that kind of stuff.

If you are bringing back goodies, pick up a box or two of Gamesa "Chokies". They are the best damn chocolate chips I have ever had and they're impossible to find in ATL, even at Supermercados that seem to stock every other Gamesa cookie. As a side note, Gamesa is owned by PepsiCo.

I love cookies. I'll see if I can find the Gamesa "Chokies".

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:34:46 PM EDT
[Jesse James]I'm on the hunt for some mariachi pants.[/Jesse James]

I guess that's what you're supposed to hunt for when going south of the border.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:20:40 PM EDT
I'm in El Paso. Gonna cross over tomorrow morning. Gotta stop at the border and get my work visa. Wouldn't want to be working south of the border illegally.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:24:25 PM EDT
Don't forget to buy Mexican car insurance. US insurance doesn't work South of the border.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:34:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Accountant30339:
Don't forget to buy Mexican car insurance. US insurance doesn't work South of the border.

My employer has a relationship w/ a company down here. I've got the paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:28:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:34:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 7:35:09 AM EDT by thompsondd]

it's only good if it's VALID -
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:23:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thompsondd:

it's only good if it's VALID -

Valid shmalid. What's a slightly expired insurance certificate between amigos?

One of our employees got stopped on Wed. He gave the paperwork to the policia. No questions, no hassles. They were stopping all the Mexicans and making sure they had valid Driver's License. Not sure if insurance is required by law down here. I'd be afraid to drive my POV here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:52:49 PM EDT
Good news and Bad news:

Good news: I found the Gamesa "Chokies" for Muddy. They are really good as described. I'm trying to figure out how I can transport them home without crushing them in my suit case.

Bad news: I couldn't find a shot glass at Wally-World. I think I'd have to venture over to the tourist areas to find one, and I haven't had time for that.

FWIW observation: Wal-Mart didn't seem any different than the ones I've been to lately. Same clientele. Only difference is there were no signs in English, and some of the products.
Top Top