Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2009 4:36:38 PM EDT
I love getting a nice chunk every year.  Pay off hospital bills from the last baby, save some money, and of course a new gun.

I think this may be my last enjoyable tax season though since I'm graduating this summer and it won't be my wifes income our taxes are based on.  I hear when you actually make some real money it's not so fun...  

Anyone else already looking at gun stuff in anticipation? It's a horrible disease I tell ya.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
We're paying off debt, debt and more debt.  No debt = more bucks for guns and cool shit for the bikes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
paying off debt here too which I am actually looking forward to doing

eta: I use tax slayer and have for the past 4 years. I actually owe the state money this year.. makes me think I filed wrong, but oh well. it's only $13.00
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
TAXES!!!!!!!! [>:/]
I just mailed in my last quarterly tax check. It ain't fun!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get some back with a real job just can't pay too mch attention t how much you sent in or you'll cry.

We save half of our refund and spend half.

I keep a spreadsheet with what I want, cost and my gun cashflow. I update and prioritize my wants based on availabe funds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd prefer not to give them a loan but the peace of mind I get from not having to come up with thousands of dollars a the end of the year is worth missing out on 3-5% interest for 6 months.  If the situation in CA spreads I'll be making sure not to send the .Gov any extra.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I get back very little funds, usually just enough to buy dinner and a couple packs of smokes.

I'd get back more but the ex claims the kids.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks man.  

We have 2 kids this season .  

I know I will not think about it positively in years to come.  I just don't really think about it much right now except it's money that shows up somehow.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#9]
cant wait, i want to buy either a PSL or build another AR with my refund
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 2:32:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm probably spending my return on my gunsmith...
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I ain't gonna get hit too hard this year. But my wife is gonna take a beating.
I hope I don't screw up on her tax return - I'd hate to see her go to jail.

Just out of curiosity, how many use a tax program like Tax Cut or TurboTax?
I've used Tax Cut for years and only had a problem once. It was my fault for overriding a figure.
It cost us $2600 with back taxes and penalties.
What I'm telling you is don't over ride a figure or line on one of those programs unless you triple check everything.
My sister is a CPA and she won't answer my calls when she knows I'm doing taxes.
I send them to her and she checks everything over and questions what she thinks is not right.
She stays busy with taxes. You'd be surprised how many large and small businesses ask for the extensions and don't pay until October 15.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
ours are already done. i think we pretty much broke even this year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I've used TurboTax the past couple years. Our taxes are really straight forward so my chances of screwing up are low.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've used TurboTax the past couple years. Our taxes are really straight forward so my chances of screwing up are low.

Remember tax evasion is not legal but tax avoidance is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll do everyone else's first, and then I do mine. My thinking is that I don't get paid for my own return, so why generate zero revenue when I could be saving for something.

I usually get a refund from the feds that just covers what I owe to the state. It irritates me to no end that my state tax creeps every freakin' year, but my fed stays pretty even. Oh well.

I am getting ready to do the proverbial "shoebox return" for a long time client. He'll bring everything to me in folders and envelopes, and I'll spend the next few nights putting together a year's worth of income statements and do his return. He pays me every time, is really cool about it, and knows he doesn't want to do it, so what he pays me is time he gets to spend playing with his toys. I wish all my clients were like him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#16]
its funny that there is no law saying you have to pay taxes but laws on how to pay them, what the taxes are and such but the cops can arrest you for not paying even though your not breaking the law. aint it a bitch..? But ya, my return will go to debt and that new gun
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#17]
glad to hear someone gets a refund, been paying the fuckin state for 10 yrs  oklahoma tax comm suck my dick NOW!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top