Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/16/2004 5:59:47 PM EST
Several time this week on TV I've heard remarks for people to just get out and vote. I'm not saying more people shouldn't get out and vote but damn get informed first. Not one time did any of these TV ads say that. I think this is a bad way to get younger people to get out and vote. Just a little background check on the the person your voting for couldn't do any harm, but not checking can do alot of harm. What do ya'll think?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:06:32 PM EST
I couldn't agree more. Here's a copy of an e-mail I sent to Fox News this morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. O'Reilly,

First, I enjoy your spots on Fox News and watch Fox exclusively for my news. I refuse to be influenced by biased media. I think it (biased reporting) should be made illegal. Too many people in this country are voting on information they assume is the truth, when in reality they might vote differently if they were properly informed. Mis-information and slanted reporting by the media is no better, and worse in my opinion, than jury tampering as it influences the outcome of elections which affect all citizens, not just one defendent in a trial. I won't comment on those who vote and don't even attempt to be informed, as you could not air those statements should this e-mail be put on your show.

I want to watch Stolen Honor but only have satellite access to TV ststions. Could you tell me if a Sinclair station is available on Dish Network, even if it's Pay-for-View?

Thanks,

Danny Dickey
Lovelady, Texas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top Top