Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2003 10:54:59 AM EDT
Hey NY crew.  Just as a heads up, especially if you're a Glock shooter, I bought a complete Glock 23 upper receiver assembly a couple weeks ago on ebay, the seller shipped USPS Priority w/tracking number.  Unfortunately, when it was delivered on 9/25 the package was stolen sometime between 1:53 PM (the delivery time per the USPS) and 4:30 PM when my wife got home.  The mailman always leaves things too big for the mailbox on top of the mailbox, which has never been a problem before.  This time is was and I'm out a decent amount of money.  I live in the Albany area so for those of you in the area, if somebody tries to sell you a Glock 23 upper, note that it may be my stolen property.  I have serial number information from the seller so I'd know which one is mine.

Whoever took it would have no knowledge of the package contents until opening it, and then would have no use for a Glock slide/barrel unless owning a mid-sized Glock.  I'm assuming they'll either ditch it outright or try to sell it.  If you see something (or even a used Glock 23 upper at a local gun store) please drop me a quick e-mail so I can track it down.  Again, I have the serial number info handly so I'll know in 5 seconds if it is mine.  Thanks everybody, I know it's the longshot of all longshots to ever find this thing but it is a lot of money to lose without a fight.  I've already gone down the legal paths by filing complaints with the USPS Postal Inspector office in Albany and my county Sheriff's Dept. so they're aware.

Thanks!

(Edited because I decided after the fact that it was a bad idea to post my phone number)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top