Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Youngkin may not be the best there is, but he's what we have. The guy has some shortcomings, but as gun owners, we have to support him.

My wife thinks he's an asshole, but I told her that sometimes you have to hold your nose when you mark the ballot. This certainly seems to be the case come November.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Methinks he has about that basketball spiel to the death…unless his visual is going after basketball supporters.  He is positive and upbeat and at this point, it makes him appealing to most folks…but he has to have plan B once Fast Terry and his henchmen decide to start broadcasting….

They already have and tbe fact that it took a month for him to respond is pretty telling.

He has no real stance on anything. He's refusing to debate unless he can stack the deck. His website has no real policy points. Youngkin's campaign seems to be, "Vote for me because Im rich and Im like Trump but maybe not really"

He's gonna get crushed so hard its laughable. This is it? The Republican Party of Virginia rigged the primary to get this guy on the ticket?

Youngkin may not be the best there is, but he's what we have. The guy has some shortcomings, but as gun owners, we have to support him.

My wife thinks he's an asshole, but I told her that sometimes you have to hold your nose when you mark the ballot. This certainly seems to be the case come November.

Women in general dont understand you need assholes (male or female) in positions of power to get things done. When the asshole is a women they don't see it. You would think asshole is gender neutral but is always aligned with men. Not sure what to call asshole women in positions of power so they could be identified as it would be a CoC.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Youngkin should answer the vcdl survey.

His refusing to take a stand of issues does not help motivate Trump voters.   I don't see him losing any votes if he comes out strong on gun rights.  Most voters hold their nose and pick the least worse choice - trouble is some folks won't even bother to vote in an off year election unless motivated to vote.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Youngkin should answer the vcdl survey.

His refusing to take a stand of issues does not help motivate Trump voters.   I don't see him losing any votes if he comes out strong on gun rights.  Most voters hold their nose and pick the least worse choice - trouble is some folks won't even bother to vote in an off year election unless motivated to vote.
View Quote
Just a reminder that NVCDL thought that Kathy Tran was better than gun squish Dave Albo.  Kathy has gone on to sponsor AWB's and famously introduced the live abortion bill.  
This mindset is cancer, it's not 2004 anymore.  VA has unfortunately changed drastically.  Up our game and listen to voters or we can keep throwing red meat at the vegans up in NOVA and continue to lose what influence we have.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just a reminder that NVCDL thought that Kathy Tran was better than gun squish Dave Albo.  Kathy has gone on to sponsor AWB's and famously introduced the live abortion bill.  
This mindset is cancer, it's not 2004 anymore.  VA has unfortunately changed drastically.  Up our game and listen to voters or we can keep throwing red meat at the vegans up in NOVA and continue to lose what influence we have.
https://i.imgur.com/rn19aXA.png
View Quote

The NoVa republicans ran as Dem-lites over the last 25 years for all offices with the notable exception of Ken Cuccinelli.  

Odd how the only NoVA Republican who had any success was the one who did not compromise.  

If the Dem-lite approach worked we would have lots of Republicans in all office in NoVA and Barbara Comstock would be in Congress.

Youngkin has a chance to win - his going to a Election Integrity Rally is a good move. The Dems only scream when Republicans do something effective. Not answering gun rights groups surveys is silly - hopefully he will wise up.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The NoVa republicans ran as Dem-lites over the last 25 years for all offices with the notable exception of Ken Cuccinelli.  

Odd how the only NoVA Republican who had any success was the one who did not compromise.  

If the Dem-lite approach worked we would have lots of Republicans in all office in NoVA and Barbara Comstock would be in Congress.

Youngkin has a chance to win - his going to a Election Integrity Rally is a good move. The Dems only scream when Republicans do something effective. Not answering gun rights groups surveys is silly - hopefully he will wise up.
View Quote
Lol, of course you bring up Cooch.  The last time Ken won election in NOVA on his own was his second full Senate term in 2007, and by that time his margin of victory shrunk from 6 points in 2003 to a mere .03 percent or 92 votes.  This was a harbinger of things to come for Cuccinelli and reflective of the changing demographics and political preferences in NOVA.  In 2009 as AG candidate he ran slightly behind Bob Mcdonnell.  And in his 2013 loss he cratered in NOVA garnering a mere 36% in Fairfax, 45.2% in Loudoun, and 43.7% in his home county of PWC.  

Since you brought up Comstock, she first won her seat in 2009 in a MUCH bluer and developed area (mclean, fairfax etc (in 2007 Ken's seat was still the exurbs.). Comstock served in congress until 2019.  Numerous other examples of GOP politicians serving years after Cuccinelli: Frank Wolf, Tim Hugo, Dave Albo, Jim Lemunyon, Tag Greason, Scott Limamgelter, Jackson Miller, Rich Anderson, numerous members of Loudoun Fairfax and PWC BOS.

But I suppose it's better to have Dems.  It's really been SO much better the past couple years with them completely in charge, just the gun bills alone have been so refreshing.  We never saw AWBs actually hit the floor for a vote when the "Dem-lite" GOP had the house, it was so boring.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol, of course you bring up Cooch.  The last time Ken won election in NOVA on his own was his second full Senate term in 2007, and by that time his margin of victory shrunk from 6 points in 2003 to a mere .03 percent or 92 votes.  This was a harbinger of things to come for Cuccinelli and reflective of the changing demographics and political preferences in NOVA.  In 2009 as AG candidate he ran slightly behind Bob Mcdonnell.  And in his 2013 loss he cratered in NOVA garnering a mere 36% in Fairfax, 45.2% in Loudoun, and 43.7% in his home county of PWC.  

Since you brought up Comstock, she first won her seat in 2009 in a MUCH bluer and developed area (mclean, fairfax etc (in 2007 Ken's seat was still the exurbs.). Comstock served in congress until 2019.  Numerous other examples of GOP politicians serving years after Cuccinelli: Frank Wolf, Tim Hugo, Dave Albo, Jim Lemunyon, Tag Greason, Scott Limamgelter, Jackson Miller, Rich Anderson, numerous members of Loudoun Fairfax and PWC BOS.

But I suppose it's better to have Dems.  It's really been SO much better the past couple years with them completely in charge, just the gun bills alone have been so refreshing.  We never saw AWBs actually hit the floor for a vote when the "Dem-lite" GOP had the house, it was so boring.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh candidate ain't pure is one of many fatal shots to now and permanent blue Va.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not better to have Dems most of the time. The problem is that the squishy/moderate Republican agenda is a proven loser.   If it worked Republicans would be controlling the suburbs.  The Republicans are much better on guns now that the squishes are gone.

In some cases it is better to have Dems. Recall in 2007 Republican Jeannemarie Devolites-Davis ran for State Senate against Dem Chap Peterson, Devolites-Davis decided Chap was weak on gun control and decided she would run as the more anti-gun candidate with the full support of the Fairfax RINOs.  Luckily for us Chap won and was a deciding vote against the Northam Gun Ban.  Chap hasn't been perfect on guns but unlike a squishy RINO he voted right when push came to shove.

Was Trump perfect?   Not at all - esp on guns but he was a fighter and people respond to that. People don't get excited by moderate wimps.

I've met Youngkin and will vote for him. I have hundreds of his signs in my barn to distribute.  That said I think his campaign is making a mistake by not answering surveys.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's not better to have Dems most of the time. The problem is that the squishy/moderate Republican agenda is a proven loser.   If it worked Republicans would be controlling the suburbs.  The Republicans are much better on guns now that the squishes are gone.

In some cases it is better to have Dems. Recall in 2007 Republican Jeannemarie Devolites-Davis ran for State Senate against Dem Chap Peterson, Devolites-Davis decided Chap was weak on gun control and decided she would run as the more anti-gun candidate with the full support of the Fairfax RINOs.  Luckily for us Chap won and was a deciding vote against the Northam Gun Ban.  Chap hasn't been perfect on guns but unlike a squishy RINO he voted right when push came to shove.

Was Trump perfect?   Not at all - esp on guns but he was a fighter and people respond to that.
People don't get excited by moderate wimps.

I've met Youngkin and will vote for him. I have hundreds of his signs in my barn to distribute.  That said I think his campaign is making a mistake by not answering surveys.  
View Quote

They didnt in Virginia. We have twenty years of voting history that demonstrate that a candidate in the vein of Trump will lose statewide elections. And now? Someone actively channeling Trump? That candidate will lose bigly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They didnt in Virginia. We have twenty years of voting history that demonstrate that a candidate in the vein of Trump will lose statewide elections. And now? Someone actively channeling Trump? That candidate will lose bigly.
View Quote

Trump is an outlier - very imperfect candidate in many ways but a fighter.  The MAGA agenda has less impact in VA because a huge # of jobs here are funded by the feds.  There is also an absence of any real Republican opposition in NoVa because the RINOs ruined the brand by simply aping the Dems when they did win elections and gain office.  An example of this was Barbara Comstock's never trumper nonsense - she basically joined the Dems in their Trump hate - that didn't work out for her as she simply alienated Trump voters.

Polls indicate most voters believe 2020 was a rigged election. Polls indicate 80% of voters support voter ID.   BLM rioting was not popular with people.  No need for a Republican candidate to not be outspoken on calling this crap out.

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
So in the past week Youngkin has held rallies with Red Flag Dan Crenshaw and Pence. What a winner we have here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So in the past week Youngkin has held rallies with Red Flag Dan Crenshaw and Pence. What a winner we have here.
View Quote

Yep. Maybe if he rallied with Corey Stewart he’d be a winner, just like Corey.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
He is a Bush style republican, what do you expect. He would still be better than Fast Terry 2.0. We already have red flag laws and Va RPV approved UBC laws. I want to prevent the Va Safe Act.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep. Maybe if he rallied with Corey Stewart he'd be a winner, just like Corey.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Maybe if he rallied with Corey Stewart he'd be a winner, just like Corey.  

Corey Stewart was a fucking moron. I mean how much of a piece of shit do you have to be to get your ass handed to you by a fucking window licking retard like Kaine, even in now Blue Va?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#16]
In my opinion Youngkin is another Gade & Taylor…meaning a paid to lose patsy. None of them will even mention 2020 Virginia election fraud. All three delete any mention of it from their social media. Honest men would be up & arms if they were up by 20%/98% votes Counted/1:30AM, then lose.

How do any Republicans, hopefully Conservatives even think we can win considering nobody will address the system rigged against them?

Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Youngkin and Sears agree with Confederate monuments coming down. Hard pass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course they do. Both are mostly likely Bush style RINO's. No Politician in Va who hopes to get elected statewide will come out in support of a bunch of "racist" monuments. While I disagree with their removal, I hope you enjoy Fast Terry 2.0 jizzing his panites while signing Bloomberg's Va Safe Act.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#20]
A true conservative that believes in the Constitution and the rule of law will never be voted into a statewide office in Virginia ever again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK, so they don't align with an issue that is important to you.  Do they align with ANY issues that are important to you?  Or perhaps the better question...  Is Terry a better fit to your thinking?

If not, what's the solution?  A write in candidate who has no campaign and consequently no shot of winning?

I get tired of seeing the reminders that the "muh candidate isn't pure" approach is a losing strategy, but damn if the issue doesn't seem to keep showing up.  I lived in Dave Albo's district for a while.  On here, I get reminded that he was "squishy" on gun issues.  Yup, that was the case.  Well, he retired and now that district has Kathy Tran who proudly champions a ban on so-called assault weapons and limits of standard capacity mags.  Excellent.  Much better than that squishy Albo character.

More likely than not, none of these guys are going to be perfect.  But, if we're not uniting behind the most acceptable candidates who may only be 75% of what you want, we're going to get the ones who we absolutely don't want.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OK, so they don't align with an issue that is important to you.  Do they align with ANY issues that are important to you?  Or perhaps the better question...  Is Terry a better fit to your thinking?

If not, what's the solution?  A write in candidate who has no campaign and consequently no shot of winning?

I get tired of seeing the reminders that the "muh candidate isn't pure" approach is a losing strategy, but damn if the issue doesn't seem to keep showing up.  I lived in Dave Albo's district for a while.  On here, I get reminded that he was "squishy" on gun issues.  Yup, that was the case.  Well, he retired and now that district has Kathy Tran who proudly champions a ban on so-called assault weapons and limits of standard capacity mags.  Excellent.  Much better than that squishy Albo character.

More likely than not, none of these guys are going to be perfect.  But, if we're not uniting behind the most acceptable candidates who may only be 75% of what you want, we're going to get the ones who we absolutely don't want.
View Quote

We can't let perfect be the enemy of good.  So Youngkin isn't 100% awesome on everything, he'll still be 100% better than Terry.  If you're holding out for perfect, you're going to learn how to live with constant disappointment.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#23]
While a RINO () is still better than the alternative, what are his stances on the following:

Will he OPPOSE mask mandates especially for schools?

Will he OPPOSE vaxx mandates?

ETA: was on a local faith-based coalition zoom call with him a few weeks back and the questions were posed via text but he didn’t address the topic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
While a RINO () is still better than the alternative, what are his stances on the following:

Will he OPPOSE mask mandates especially for schools?

Will he OPPOSE vaxx mandates?

ETA: was on a local faith-based coalition zoom call with him a few weeks back and the questions were posed via text but he didn’t address the topic.
View Quote

Terry already has an attack ad out highlighting Youngkin’s opposition to both, so take that FWIW.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Hate to say this, but McAwful wouldn't be running unless he knew he was going to win.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There isnt a socialist running, but I'm not surprised, as you wouldnt know a socialist if they reached into your wallet and redistributed your wealth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Recent polls put him within the margin of error (~2%).

I hope that he can keep the momentum up.

No, Trafalgar has him at that. Trafalgar also had Trump winning Virginia.

Why do you care.  We know you will be supporting the socialist.

There isnt a socialist running, but I'm not surprised, as you wouldnt know a socialist if they reached into your wallet and redistributed your wealth.

Is this one of those threads where you think people will forget your communist shit posting in GD?  Why are you even on a site like this, other than to shift the narrative to the left and try to get people banned?  Nothing else I can think to say to you that’s even remotely COC compliant.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
There's a great hill to die on...
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#28]
So let me get this straight… Youngkin is only 75% perfect, so we’re not going to vote for him, guaranteeing a win for the guy who’s 0% perfect? This is the same BS approach that put Biden in the WH. Grow the f up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight Youngkin is only 75% perfect, so we're not going to vote for him, guaranteeing a win for the guy who's 0% perfect? This is the same BS approach that put Biden in the WH. Grow the f up.
View Quote
Close but you're missing the "votings rigged so I'm not doing it" contingent.  The same approach that handed the Senate to the Dems.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Trump is an outlier - very imperfect candidate in many ways but a fighter.  The MAGA agenda has less impact in VA because a huge # of jobs here are funded by the feds.  There is also an absence of any real Republican opposition in NoVa because the RINOs ruined the brand by simply aping the Dems when they did win elections and gain office.  An example of this was Barbara Comstock's never trumper nonsense - she basically joined the Dems in their Trump hate - that didn't work out for her as she simply alienated Trump voters.

Polls indicate most voters believe 2020 was a rigged election. Polls indicate 80% of voters support voter ID.   BLM rioting was not popular with people.  No need for a Republican candidate to not be outspoken on calling this crap out.

View Quote

Trump isnt an outlier. Trump is yet another data point on a 20+ year trend of voting in the state.

Youngkin is trying to walk inbetween both sides and is simply coming off as non-commital. Youngkin isnt outspoken about anything. He doesnt commit to any major points of view. He's basically trying to be mysterious but failing miserably.

Unless Youngkin can come out with major policy points that the majority of Virginians are in favor for and flood the airways with positive PR, he's going to be yet another in a long list of Republican losers in Virginia.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Last night debate.  Youngkin won IMHO.  https://fb.watch/842-EqeVTg/
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freely admit that I have a few biases going in, but of the portions of the debate I watched, Youngkin clearly looked better.  Terry looked old, tired, bitter, and angry.  Unfortunately, I don't know how much of that will influence the horde of NoVA voters, especially as early  voting starts today.  

Between looking almost unhinged in the debate, at the sheriff's conference Q&A, and blatant hypocrisy regarding masks and trains, in a just world, Terry would be done.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Trump isnt an outlier. Trump is yet another data point on a 20+ year trend of voting in the state.

Youngkin is trying to walk inbetween both sides and is simply coming off as non-commital. Youngkin isnt outspoken about anything. He doesnt commit to any major points of view. He's basically trying to be mysterious but failing miserably.

Unless Youngkin can come out with major policy points that the majority of Virginians are in favor for and flood the airways with positive PR, he's going to be yet another in a long list of Republican losers in Virginia.
View Quote

We are a mixed bag here, but honesty is paramount.  I don't care that you are a Dem, but when you are an active member in DNC meetings and you pretend to be some flavor of us......you fucking suck
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Was Trump perfect?   Not at all - esp on guns but he was a fighter and people respond to that. People don't get excited by moderate wimps.

View Quote

If you still have signs , I could use one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Freely admit that I have a few biases going in, but of the portions of the debate I watched, Youngkin clearly looked better.  Terry looked old, tired, bitter, and angry.  Unfortunately, I don't know how much of that will influence the horde of NoVA voters, especially as early  voting starts today.  

Between looking almost unhinged in the debate, at the sheriff's conference Q&A, and blatant hypocrisy regarding masks and trains, in a just world, Terry would be done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fast Terry 2.0 will win hands down without any effort. He will enjoy jizzing his panties at signing the Va Safe Act.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fast Terry 2.0 will win hands down without any effort. He will enjoy jizzing his panties at signing the Va Safe Act.
View Quote

I don't know about that.  I think his behavior and demeanor shows he's scared.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are right, but I live in a fairly red county/area and seeing Youngkin signs here makes no difference. I just don't have hope for the state.
I was slightly surprised a month or so ago at the amount of Youngkin signs up 29 going to Fairfax to visit my SIL.
I would assume that outside of Cville and the very northern part of the area I was at was a reddish area as well.

Edit: I do love the Fast Terry 2.0 Commercial with the Liberal sheriffs from the liberal shithole areas of our state stating how safe Va was when Fast Terry 1.0 was Gov. Completely ignoring the fact that we had a GOP controlled legislature not the liberal shitfest we have now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hope you are right, but I live in a fairly red county/area and seeing Youngkin signs here makes no difference. I just don't have hope for the state.
I was slightly surprised a month or so ago at the amount of Youngkin signs up 29 going to Fairfax to visit my SIL.
I would assume that outside of Cville and the very northern part of the area I was at was a reddish area as well.

Edit: I do love the Fast Terry 2.0 Commercial with the Liberal sheriffs from the liberal shithole areas of our state stating how safe Va was when Fast Terry 1.0 was Gov. Completely ignoring the fact that we had a GOP controlled legislature not the liberal shitfest we have now.
View Quote

I was practically hollering the same thing at the TV last night during the debate when he was bragging about the budget surplus he left with... after working with a Repub GA!  

The best part about the lib sheriffs- check each jurisdiction.  None have primary law-enforcement responsibility, each jurisdiction has a PD.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is a big reason why Youngkin is going to lose. He doesnt point this out. The median political position of the Commonwealth right now is centrist suburban Democrat.

Republicans can win gubernatorial races in that kind of state--state elections don't feature quite as much negative partisanship as federal ones do these days. That's how you get a Democratic governor in Kansas and Kentucky, but Republican governors in Maryland and Massachusetts.

But for a party switch to happen against the default, the gubernatorial candidate of the minority party needs to make a case as to why the leadership in the capital city needs to be sanctioned or checked.

Otherwise? The state goes to its default position.

This is Youngkin's problem. He hasn't made a case as to why Capitol Square is failing, or corrupt, or over-reaching. He needs to to win and hasn't yet
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Which is a big reason why Youngkin is going to lose. He doesnt point this out. The median political position of the Commonwealth right now is centrist suburban Democrat.

Republicans can win gubernatorial races in that kind of state--state elections don't feature quite as much negative partisanship as federal ones do these days. That's how you get a Democratic governor in Kansas and Kentucky, but Republican governors in Maryland and Massachusetts.

But for a party switch to happen against the default, the gubernatorial candidate of the minority party needs to make a case as to why the leadership in the capital city needs to be sanctioned or checked.

This is Youngkin's problem. He hasn't made a case as to why Capitol Square is failing, or corrupt, or over-reaching. He needs to to win and hasn't yet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As much as I disagree with you, I can't on that point. The RPV is terrible at messaging why they would be better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight… Youngkin is only 75% perfect, so we’re not going to vote for him, guaranteeing a win for the guy who’s 0% perfect? This is the same BS approach that put Biden in the WH. Grow the f up.
View Quote

Well, it is a VA tradition, especially on this forum.

After all, if every VA Trump voter had shown up to vote in the Governors election, Northam would've lost.

Anyway: https://www.umw.edu/news/2021/09/22/gubernatorial-candidates-locked-in-close-contest-umw-survey-shows/

And a WaPo poll said Youngkin is doing very well in the DC suburbs.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

After all, if every VA Trump voter had shown up to vote in the Governors election, Northam would've lost.

Anyway: https://www.umw.edu/news/2021/09/22/gubernatorial-candidates-locked-in-close-contest-umw-survey-shows/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So let me get this straight Youngkin is only 75% perfect, so we're not going to vote for him, guaranteeing a win for the guy who's 0% perfect? This is the same BS approach that put Biden in the WH. Grow the f up.

I hate when people say this, it would require the democrats to not turn out for the Northam like they did for Clinton. Yes, Trump got more votes in 16 than Northam did in 17, but Clinton stomped the shit out of Trump in 16, and then a dumbass suffering from dementia curbed stomped him even worse in 20. The simple and sad fact is there are more of them than there are of us now and it isn't getting any better.
Take my county, Campbell, which is pretty red, according to Wiki (yea I know) there were 21k Votes for Trump, Fairfax alone had 419K for the Pedophile. That is just one out of the what, dozen dark blue areas of the state. There isn't enough GOP voters anymore and Va is importing more and more blue ones. Lynchburg City even flipped to the pedophile after voted GOP for something like 60 years, with a huge Christian University located here.

That said, anyone who sits at home and doesn't even bother to vote against Fast Terry 2.0, has no cause to bitch and moan when Fast Terry 2.0 is jizzing his panties signing Bloombergs Va Safe Act into law, that the 4th circus has basically already upheld and the SCOTUS will turn a blind eye to.

Edit:
I guess it will come down to can Fast Terry 2.0 turn out his vote, I don't think he will as strong 1. because Trump is not on the Ballot to run against 2. Because the left has moved even further left and I don't think a rich white guy sits well with them.
I believe the loss will be more in the 5-6% range for Youngkin vs the Ass Raping of 17.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I hate when people say this, it would require the democrats to not turn out for the Northam like they did for Clinton..
View Quote

Yeah, but they didn't.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, but they didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate when people say this, it would require the democrats to not turn out for the Northam like they did for Clinton..

Yeah, but they didn't.
That is true as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That is true as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but they didn't.
That is true as well.

I mean, the D's not turning out isn't an excuse for everybody on the R side who sat on their ass.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I mean, the D's not turning out isn't an excuse for everybody on the R side who sat on their ass.
View Quote

Off year election, traditionally low turn out.  It's what caught a lot of Rs off guard in '17- many actually hit their planned vote numbers, but TDS drove more Ds to the polls than usual.  So a seat that would normally be won with 5k votes was lost, 7k-5k.  (I pulled those #s out of my rear, but they illustrate the point).  It's one factor that gives me hope- Rs are pissed about Biden, COVID, and all the other crap, so they turn out.  D's are disillusioned with Biden, so they stay home, and we regain sanity for 2-4 years depending on if it's enough to take the governor's mansion.  While I would love to see a shift in the house and the governor, I'd be overjoyed with one, to at least put the brakes on some of the insanity.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will be interesting to see if the D's get multiple mail in ballots and don't need to show up.  In 2020 my wife got three mail in ballots already filled out for the D's.  They all went in the recycle can but I'm sure many were sent in.  David
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#50]
I live in blue as fuck Alexandria, but have received a few RPV flyers in the mail. One for Youngkin specifically, one for an R running for the Alexandria City Council whose name escapes me at the moment, and a pretty well thought out one which covers the entire R ticket from city council to the Governor's race.

The last one hits on the diversity and inclusion buttons which might get some fence sitters to act.....hopefully.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top