Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 4:09:09 PM EST
I got an upper now, any chance anyone knows of good deals on lowers here in Louisville? As long as its a decent lower, i'm not too picky. Just want to get one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:14:27 PM EST
I would check one of the gun shows this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:18:07 PM EST
Good luck with that... last gun show I was had I saw 2 lowers and they were WAY overpriced.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:35:53 PM EST
Shooters supply will have multiple brands to choose from, and they'll want a ton for any of em. Last time I was in Knob Creek, it was all doublestar. Decently priced, so much so I came home with one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:07:15 PM EST
Saw a stripped CMMG for $129 at Lotus
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:46:15 PM EST
Well, if they're that overpriced or scarce, i'll just order one. I'm not gonna go over $100+tax since I can get em shipped in for $65+ transfer ($10 for the guy I use)
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:51:24 PM EST
contact Keith at accurate armory. his stuff he makes in Lexington is top notch. here's the link to his website http://accuratearmory.com/
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:00:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By wvrrcarknocker:
Well, if they're that overpriced or scarce, i'll just order one. I'm not gonna go over $100+tax since I can get em shipped in for $65+ transfer ($10 for the guy I use)

Sounds like you have answered your own question. Did you really think you where going to break the 75 dollar price point on a single? Over the counter?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:09:44 AM EST
Check Aim Surplus, they are just across the river in Ohio, north of Cincinatti, and ship fast. I got one recently for $69 which turned out to be a great deal on a nice lower.

PM sent with link.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:51:13 AM EST
Second the vote for Aim. They're my go-to source for ammo as they've been the cheapest I've found yet, and they ship fast. In another arfcom thread Spikes mentioned that Aim was getting a rather large shipment the end of this week or next. That might influence your decision if you're seeing the Sold Out issues with a lower you're wanting.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:17:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2011 2:18:37 PM EST by wvrrcarknocker]
Originally Posted By TheWenisPrinkle:
Sounds like you have answered your own question. Did you really think you where going to break the 75 dollar price point on a single? Over the counter?

Nope. Was just hoping I could get one for around $100 locally without waiting. I don't mind ordering, I just like to support my local economy when possible. And as for AIM, I can agree there, I used to live about 15 minutes from them, and I was constantly broke due to good deals. Their service is top notch.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:17:07 AM EST
+1 for AIM

I use them all the time. Free/fast shipping and good prices is what got me hooked. Recieved a spikes lower from them last week, used bluegrass range for the transfer....quick and painless
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:27:00 AM EST
Shooters Supply in Lyndon used to have stag lowers for 90, you might want to call them.

Prep
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:54:02 PM EST
Here are some deals at Centerfire Systems in Lexington:

$89.99 stripped lower

$229.99 Complete Lower

I would doubt that Shooters in Lyndon has a stripped lower for under $150, they are way overpriced.

Craig
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:10:15 PM EST
I picked a couple new ones at Cedar Ridge Tactical in Williamstown a few weeks ago, Spikes Tactical Lowers for $80+tax out the door, they had Doublestars for $75 when I was there, best price I could find at the time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:44:26 AM EST
Well, I ran to 111, Shooters Supply, Firearms Service Center, Lotus, and Biffs seeing what the offerings were, and they were pretty slim. 111 Had a S&W for $135 and a Roggio Arsenal for $109. The $109 sounded decent but I had no idea who they were, and after researching, I realized it was a good thing I had passed it up. Lotus had $139 CMMG's, and Biffs merely told me to go to Knob Creek. Firearms Service Center told me they could order one for me, but wouldn't give me a price. I heard Shooters was under new management or their prices were becoming competitive or something, so I cruised over to check it out, and I can say that is the last chance I give them to earn any of my business, their prices are just too astronomical, wanted $169.95 for a DPMS stripped lower. So, I ended up doing what I was going to originally, ordered one from the Palmetto group buy, and as I opted for insurance, it cost me a grand total of $65.76. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
Top Top