Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2005 9:17:00 AM EDT
I need to know what exactly I need to change my drivers license over to a Texas Drivers License.

Also, when I change my license, do I have to register my car in Texas and get Texas tags, or can I just leave it registered in WV until time to renew it

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:39:27 PM EDT
Just call your local DPS driver's license office..in the blue pages of your phone book under State Government...give them your particulars..they'll answer all your questions.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:09:49 PM EDT
You'll have to either register your car in Texas or claim that you don't own a car:


Lots of general information here:

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:54:56 AM EDT
WHen you go to DPS for the new license, they will take your old one without issueing you a new photo ID. Make sure to have them photocopy your old ID.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:36:32 PM EDT
1) Get your vehicle inspected
2) Go get your Texas tags
3) Take your Texas vehicle info to the license office. They will take your old license, and mail you a Texas one in 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, you get a card stating that you have applied for your Texas license. You may want to photocopy your old license to have until your new one arrives, unless you have another form of photo ID.
Top Top