Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 3/7/2018 12:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2018 4:23:25 AM EDT by Scoobysmak]
Well as the title says, getting sent to John Hopkins near the beginning of April. I will be driving in on a Sunday before my appointment on Monday. Anything I should plan to do, nothing athletic or anything that might require more than a mile of walking. I will probably stay Sunday night in the Inner Harbor area. I saw the B&O railroad but am on a limited time frame so want to make the most of it. Any restaurant dealing with only fish is off the menu. I really don't want to investigate the city too much. I am guessing its a bit worse than Houston, couple blocks in the wrong direction and its a bad year or worse. How is public transportation, I can but prefer not to have a crash course in Baltimore's driving habits unless I was going to stay for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 9:17:26 AM EDT
try not to get shot, should take up most of your time
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:41:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2018 8:41:47 AM EDT by rob1035]
Which Hopkins will be you be going to?

If its the main campus, catch an uber to Fells Point/Inner Harbor. Plenty of good restaurants, shops, etc to check out. I live in Federal Hill (across the inner harbor). There are definitely some bad areas, but its not Mogadishu. The B&O Museum is really cool for sure, but not walkable from anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 2:30:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:37:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2018 8:42:23 AM EDT by Bubbadewkys]
The best thing you can do is watch your back your front and both sides. I went to Baltimore several years ago and some thug threw a full plastic cup on the windshield of my brand new car and that was years ago when it was a safe city. Had I stopped to confront them there would have been about six of them on me at once. I get the Baltimore News on my TV and the Inner Harbor is not a safe place like it was years ago. Parking fees used to be outrageous
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:32:06 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bubbadewkys:
I get the Baltimore News on my TV and the Inner Harbor is not a safe place like it was years ago. Parking fees used to be outrageous
View Quote
Not to get into an argument, but I've lived in the city for 5 years now. Are there bad parts? Absolutely. Can crap happen anywhere? Absolutely. Does watching the news give you a skewed view of the city? Absolutely. The thousands of tourists and city goers going about their lives daily, trouble free rarely makes it to the newsreels.

I think your advice to be aware of your surroundings should apply anywhere.
Top Top