Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2010 4:44:21 PM EDT
I have no idea what I am doing. Who here can send me into the right direction on starting to do this. i am behind the curve on filing and need to get it done ASAP. If anyone wants some extra cash i will pay you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Zach,

Call me tomorrow. I can help you. I'll im you my info.

rich
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The Georgia Department of Revenue would be a good place to start.  They do like to get their money, so they are usually quite happy to tell you how you're supposed to go about giving it to them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have no idea what I am doing. Who here can send me into the right direction on starting to do this. i am behind the curve on filing and need to get it done ASAP. If anyone wants some extra cash i will pay you.

Oh shit........!!!!!

I had the same problem when I got in the retail business and the FINES and BS were unbelievable.

Get someone to help you straighten it out ASAP because it will not go away!!!!!!

It literally took 6mo's and a lot of money to get the problem straightened out.

If you are an illegal invader and behind on your taxes Sonny will come to your rescue and tell the GA Dept of Revenue we need to be compassionate and do the right thing much the same as he did for the illegal invader at KSU.

TD
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Which taxes are you referring too? Sales taxes, property taxes, personal property taxes, payroll taxes, business licenses, ect.........

I don't understand why you guys try to do this yourself. Hire a good Accountant to take care of these items for you, so you can concentrate on making money!

Accountant
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely recommend finding a good CPA that knows their way around businesses and taxes.  If you get a good accountant, there can be a lot more to it for helping your business than simply filing taxes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which taxes are you referring too? Sales taxes, property taxes, personal property taxes, payroll taxes, business licenses, ect.........

I don't understand why you guys try to do this yourself. Hire a good Accountant to take care of these items for you, so you can concentrate on making money!

Accountant

Title of the thread says state sales tax.

I can't speak for others but I can tell you why I got my ass in a sling early on.

I could hardly afford the rent and the light bill when I first opened my doors about 5 years ago.

Pay an accountant to prepare my sales tax or pay the water bill at the shop?

Pay an accountant to prepare my sales tax or place an order with my supplier to restock the shelves?

Back then the answer seemed pretty clear but looking back with hindsight the answer isn't quite so simple.

Would I do it different if I had it to do over?

I'm not sure....

TD
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, TD, the title doesn't say sales taxes but I'll give you a pass that one.  ;-)

I personally don't think you need an accountant to do your sales taxes.  The DoR puts on free seminars around the state to give you a decent understanding of what and when something is taxable.  If you file your sales taxes using their online system it to not too difficult as it calculates everything for you.  Prior to using their online tool it was a pita.  Back when I used the paper filing sheet I developed a spreadsheet where I could input the county, the taxable amount of a transaction, the non-taxable amount of the transaction, and the amount of tax charged and it pretty much spit out the ST-3.  I was happy to see when I started using the online system that my spreadsheet spit out the same numbers as their system.  :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top