Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 10:28:22 AM EDT
I was hoping to find someone from Laporte to help me out.

My Grandfather started Garr Hardware in Laporte, IN right after WWII and after he passed away my Grandmother let a man by the name Rosie run it for her, eventually selling him the store.

I remember going to the store as a boy, and since my Grandparents have both passed I was wondering if the store is still there. I remember it being on the old downtown main road but this was many years ago.

Please IM or email me if you may remember or know any information on this. And I will check back on this thread also.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I will ask my parents / grandparents tonight. I don't know of anything gy that name, but I'm only 24. Will be back tonight.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
ASked my grandma about it.  She said the last thing she remembers it being was a sherwin Williams. I'm pretty sure thats not there now. will look at it more later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top