Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 9:44:14 AM EDT
Hey all, I'm in the early stages of trying to get a local Georgia Gun Trader forum up and running.  GeorgiaGunTrader.com   I see quite a few regular Georgia sellers here at AR15.com and on the other big gun forums.  I’m hoping that there are enough of us interested in keeping transactions local when possible that it will become fairly active after the word gets out. All postings are of course free and it’s set-up so you can also post pics in the gallery of the items you are selling or trading.  In my lurking I noticed for the first time yesterday that there was a Georgia forum here so I thought I would extend an invitation for all the local guys to come register and use the classifieds.  I would appreciate your help in spreading the word to your friends who might want to use the site.  It’s been active for a little over a week.  This may not generate enough traffic quickly enough for anyone to use on a regular basis but I’m crossing my fingers and giving it a try.  Suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Mark
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up.  I registered today and passed the web address along to some friends.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I haven't advertised on any other boards yet.  The High Road, GlockTalk, Firing Line, etc don't have any regional forums and I wasn't sure where would be appropriate so I haven't asked any of the moderators on those sites yet.  I'm all ears if you have suggestions for getting the word out.  Thanks!
Mark

Quoted:
I just registered.  his
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a good idea and I hope it takes off. I'll spread the word.

I'm about to register and save it to my favorites.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
registered.  good luck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No, I haven't advertised on any other boards yet.  The High Road, GlockTalk, Firing Line, etc don't have any regional forums and I wasn't sure where would be appropriate so I haven't asked any of the moderators on those sites yet.  I'm all ears if you have suggestions for getting the word out.  Thanks!
Mark

GlockTalk does have a regional forum, it's in the STATE'S CLUBS section. Here is the link to the GEORGIA Forum www.glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=135

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats a good idea, talk with some Ga dealers and get them to offer " lower " prices " only " available through that site. Let em advertise for cheap, at least get the thing paid for in the beginning
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the link.  I had missed that forum over there the past couple years.  Guess I need to pay more attention.  I sent an IM to the moderator yesterday but haven't received a response yet.  May just make a post tomorrow and hope I don't make anyone mad...

Quoted:
GlockTalk does have a regional forum, it's in the STATE'S CLUBS section. Here is the link to the GEORGIA Forum www.glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=135

GlockSpeed31

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Right now I don't mind at all if dealers use the site to post their "good deals" for free.  Don't want it to become a site where shops are posting their entire inventory but I've always wondered my more GA shops don't have a web site with their inventory.  I know I would have stayed in trouble with the wife a lot more over the years if I could browse the showrooms without driving across town.  My best tactic for not buying more toys has been to stay out of the shops...

Quoted:
Thats a good idea, talk with some Ga dealers and get them to offer " lower " prices " only " available through that site. Let em advertise for cheap, at least get the thing paid for in the beginninghr
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I registered, looking good.  Do you have a retail location or mail order only?

Quoted:

We are currently working on setting up our website.  Seems like everytime make progress on it, I get slowed down.  Sneak Peek

If you sign up for an account, I'll switch it over so you can see the discounted prices.

BTW, good luck with getting the georgia forum up and running.  If the price was right, I wouldnt mind sponsoring the site.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck. I think your biggest competition will be from Woody's Taxidermy's site. That'a a well est. site and there are quite a few new posts on a daily basis.

TD
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck, I hope it works.  We need a good local site.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Registered 25 new users since last wed when I posted here.  
Thanks for helping to get the word out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top