Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 5:08:06 PM EDT
I was totally shocked.  I mean..  it is little ol' Leesburg.  Gotta give him some credit as I am sure there were plenty of places that he could have been.

I was also pretty surprised on how downplayed it was..  no VIP status..  just walking behind a float and handing out candy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Allen has run a piss-poor campaign, but being out with regular folks is were is shines.  He is a genuine good-guy.  This is going to be a nailbiter to the end.  I don't know if I can handle waking up Wednesday and have Jim Webb as our Senator.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Allen has run a piss-poor campaign, but being out with regular folks is were is shines.  He is a genuine good-guy.  This is going to be a nailbiter to the end.

Unforunately Allen hired the same people to run his campaign that ran the Kilgore campaign.

I don't know if I can handle waking up Wednesday and have Jim Webb as our Senator.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'll be waking up Wednesday morning to find that Byrd is still my Senator.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
im not surprised Allen was somewhere in NoVA honestly.....he pretty much knows he has rural SW VA in the bag, and most of the central part of the state...he also knows he has lost Richmond, probably Charlottesville, and the more Urban areas of Norfolk, Newport News, etc...

Where this election will be decided is the suburbanites in NoVA and down near VA beach, and in the outskirts of Richmond like Chesterfield, etc...

EDIT: and Allen could actually be hurt by the fact the VA Marriage amendment is on the ballot....republicans/conservatives are historically better voters than democrats/liberals (ie, they actually go and vote more)...this is a very polarizing issue that could bring out some people that normally wouldnt have bothered on both sides...there are just traditionally more people to get out on the democrat side...

the issue, though, hasnt received much attention...that is a lot due to the candidates aand the negativity of the campaign which has pretty much dominated the media...

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
He'll get my vote...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top