Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2007 7:28:38 AM EDT
Illinois General Assembly moment of remembrance for the victims of the Virginia Tech mass murder turned into a political call for stricter gun control laws.

Thanks to Mac McWilliams for getting this out.

Click here to listen

CCW for Illinois
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Guns were involved in this incident...

If we strengthen gun laws will it stop every incident?

No it won't... But we must give these babies a chance to live.

-State Sen. Ricky Hendon.

Wow.. He's astute.

The rights in pursuit of happiness and joy must be balanced against the other rights. And in a civil society, sometimes, in order to have rights, you must give up rights.

Until we come to the realization that this incident can happen again, in order to have those rights and pursuit iof happiness, we must give up some rights.

-Sen. Emil Jones

So, even though it won't stop similar crimes, we need to surrender our RIGHTS?

And that fat <CoC removed> Jones should be brought up on TREASON charges.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The rights in pursuit of happiness and joy must be balanced against the other rights. And in a civil society, sometimes, in order to have rights, you must give up rights.

Until we come to the realization that this incident can happen again, in order to have those rights and pursuit of happiness, we must give up some rights.

-Sen. Emil Jones

It amazes me how they are so ready to give up the rights of gun owners but will fight tooth and nail to KEEP the rights of the individual to murder babies......(abortion) I don't know what his (emil) stance is on abortion but for the most part liberals want to maintain that "right" but take away other rights....

I really think IL is going under when they make statements such as that above..."Give up some rights to have other rights"

I can[t believe they make comments like this...... The logic of it (or lack of) is stupefying, my 12 year old can see that!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What do we really expect out of this asshole? He sounds like he just got out of the projects the way he talks. He should be removed from office for not upholding the Illinois constitution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top