[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck that fucking cocksucking fuck.
View Quote

LOL!  Now, tell us how you really feel.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Fuck him!  No wait, he would like that.  We need to get a recall started on this jackass.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#4]
That's classic Orwellian double-speak, straight from "1984".

Newsom's "safety for all" really means safety for none.

A disarmed populace is entirely less safe than a fully armed population.  It is proven time and time again.  Dirt bags think twice where there's a possibility of their potential victims being armed, ready and able to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Unsurprised.

California is reeling from being out gun controlled by the NY SAFE act.
They want their gun control crown back.

Frankly, I am surprised that it doesn't go further.

Bet they throw a pro pot measure on the ballot to get the leftist vote to the polls when this comes up.

ETA: This reeks of Bloomberg
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unsurprised.

Bet they throw a pro pot measure on the ballot to get the leftist vote to the polls when this comes up.

View Quote

I agree, hopefully since this appears to go after cops Hi-Cap mags after they retire, hopefully this will gain a NO vote from them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree, hopefully since this appears to go after cops Hi-Cap mags after they retire, hopefully this will gain a NO vote from them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unsurprised.

I would hope that is true, but a bunch of retired guys leave California when they leave police work, so I would not count on it...
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#8]
That will push some more people into the "State of Jefferson" camp.

Tom
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#10]
He will be the next Governor.

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is only his first proposal so there's likely a few more coming.

There's likely going to be a pro-pot initiative this time around from the rumors I've heard from KFI 640 here in Los Angeles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bloomberg tossed a couple million dollars into the campaign fund of Gresome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unsurprised.

This is only his first proposal so there's likely a few more coming.

There's likely going to be a pro-pot initiative this time around from the rumors I've heard from KFI 640 here in Los Angeles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bloomberg tossed a couple million dollars into the campaign fund of Gresome.

Last I heard there are three different pro pot bills for next year.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I figure there's a 99% chance the Newsom is the next governor.
View Quote

Publicity stunt to enhance "pick me" name recognition.

100% chance it is Presidential. Starting with Veep creep. Maybe a Billary+Givin ticket and it does not stop there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SACRAMENTO – In response to the official filing earlier today of California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom’s mis-named “The Safety for All Act of 2016,” civil rights advocates at Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and the Firearms Policy Coalition Second Amendment Defense Committee (FPCSADC) political action committee have begun shipping out over 25,000 grassroots activism guides to volunteers and activism hubs throughout the state.

FPCSADC President Brandon Combs expects to ship an additional 75,000 grassroots guides within the next week.

“We are committed to building the biggest, most-organized, and highly informed Second Amendment grassroots army ever seen in California to fight and oppose Gavin Newsom’s assault on our civil rights,” said Combs. “We want 100,000 volunteers working on this by the end of the year. This initial deployment is just the beginning of our much larger opposition plan.”

Newsom’s ballot initiative would make numerous changes to state law, including, but not limited to:

Instituting a total, confiscatory ban on the possession of “large-capacity magazines” – even legally-owned “grandfathered” magazines and those that are possessed by active and retired law enforcement officers;

Adding severe and expensive new restrictions on ammunition purchases, including a mandatory DOJ ammunition purchase permit for anyone who wants to buy ammunition, a ban on private ammunition sales, and a gun owner database of ammunition purchasers;

A ban on the private purchase and importation of ammunition from out-of-state retailers;

Requiring all ammunition sellers to acquire a special DOJ ammunition sales permit and to have every employee that handles or sells ammunition to have a DOJ-issued Certificate of Eligibility;
A $25 Million theft of fees paid by gun owners to fund the new DOJ ammunition program;

And other gun control regulations that have already failed passage in the Legislature or were vetoed by Governor Jerry Brown.

“FPC and the Second Amendment Defense Committee are absolutely dedicated to stopping Gavin’s unconstitutional gun grab,” explained Combs. “The infrastructure is in place, and we have retained counsel and specialized experts to maximize the success of our opposition campaign.”

“These measures will do nothing to advance public safety, but they will further undermine the Second Amendment rights of all Californians,” continued Combs. “The time to draw a line in the sand is right now.”

Newsom would need to collect about 366,000 valid signatures to qualify the proposal for the 2016 general election ballot. From there, it would be an up or down vote by the people of California.

“All gun owners and civil rights organizations must stand together, dig in, and do whatever it takes to defeat this anti-rights initiative at the ballot box,” said Combs. “We are committed to working with our friends at the National Rifle Association, California Rifle and Pistol Association, Gun Owners of California, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and many other civil rights groups to defend fundamental, individual Second Amendment rights against Newsom’s unconstitutional attack.”
View Quote

I figure there's a 99% chance the Newsom is the next governor and 90% chance that he'll get these restrictions and more. Unless the NRA spends a million to sue the state it's the beginning of the end.

The liberals know that these gun laws have so little effect on the criminals as to be unmeasurable but have massive appeal to their sheep. California continues to swirl around the drain and a Gavin Newsom governorship is going to be tragic beyond measure. Personally I'm searching for property in Washington and Utah to escape to in six years.
Liberty screams in agony.
View Quote

I'm 41 and have also started to think about where I want to retire. After reading the above via an email alert, I feel like I'm done with this state. It sucks to say, but I have had it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

100% chance it is Presidential. Starting with Veep creep. Maybe a Billary+Givin ticket and it does not stop there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I figure there's a 99% chance the Newsom is the next governor.

You might be right about this.
This could work for him in two ways, he gets klintons attention and it sets the stage to run for governor.
Agreed that he has a 99% chance of winning, since the republicans wont be able to put someone decent up against him.

Like I said many times before, after gruesome reign of power, this state will be a DEAD ZONE.
The liberals fantasy will finally be complete in kalif.

I too have finally considered looking for an out of state residence.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sacramento doctor to lead push to legalize marijuana in California

Damn it

The young and liberals will turn out in droves (or drones).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sacramento doctor to lead push to legalize marijuana in California

Damn it

Donald Lyman, a retired physician and former board member at the California Medical Association, said Monday he will lead a well-funded statewide effort to legalize recreational marijuana in California next year.

Lyman, of Sacramento, is the lead proponent for the Adult Use of Marijuana Act, the long awaited legalization measure introduced Monday that’s largely being funded by former Facebook president Sean Parker and guided by veteran Democratic political consultant Gale Kaufman.

The proposed initiative, which also is supported by the Nature Conservancy and other environmentalists, would allow adults 21 years and older to possess, use and share up to an ounce of marijuana. It would impose a 15 percent tax on all retail sales, though localities could still ban marijuana sales in their jurisdictions.

The young and liberals will turn out in droves (or drones).

The referendum results from CA will be interesting to compare to those in OH where it was voted down  by a 2-to-1 margin.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Their unions didn't want the non-union farm labor for the big grows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:The referendum results from CA will be interesting to compare to those in OH where it was voted down  by a 2-to-1 margin.

Their unions didn't want the non-union farm labor for the big grows.

And lots of anti gov pot growers in NorCal aren't to keen on complying with the man and paying taxes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top