Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 3:33:15 PM EDT
Officer Jim Sell

Gassville Police Department

Gassville, Arkansas

February 4, 2006

Shot yesterday during traffic stop.  He stopped Jacob Robida,18, the man who staged the attack in the Massachusetts gay bar a few days ago.  Jacob shot him then took off.  The chase lasted 16 miles before other police officers shot him twice.  Link #1 Link#2

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see anything about that officer being shot in those articles.  Good that they got the bastard though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I didn't see anything about that officer being shot in those articles.  Good that they got the bastard though.

preacher said this morning he was shot and killed (the officer).

Gassville is a very small town.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew Jim very well.  When I worked on the Blytheville Fire Dept, he was on the Blytheville PD.  I had just visited with him a few months ago in Gassville and he said that he liked the peace and quite of that area.  Ironic, retiring from the war zone in Blytheville and ending up getting killed in the line of duty in Gassville.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's pretty sad. I'm very glad the bad guy got what was coming though, better then seeing him get off on some technicality or whatever BS they would use.

Almost on topic....the bad guy was a Nazi. Any of ya'll heard/know anything about any of the extremist camps operating in Western (or any other part) or AR?

I've heard a lot of rumors about some in the North Central part.  

OT: Glock23c You know a Capt on BFD named Doug?  Works PT at Wally world?  He's a buddy of mine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
It's always sad when we loose a member of public service. Let's all lift his family in prayer. I understand that the gal that was in the car with him was also shot in the head and killed by the murderer. Her family is in our prayers as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

OT: Glock23c You know a Capt on BFD named Doug?  Works PT at Wally world?  He's a buddy of mine.

Dusty,

I've been gone almost 19 years.   I might know him if I knew his last name, I've kept up with a few of those guys, but most that were there when I was are now either gone or retired.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Almost on topic....the bad guy was a Nazi. Any of ya'll heard/know anything about any of the extremist camps operating in Western (or any other part) or AR?

I've heard a lot of rumors about some in the North Central part.  

North Central region, CSA, and Posse Comitatus.  Pretty marginalized now, most have neither the money nor influence to be a major concern to most LE.  Especially now that the Meth trade has taken over everything.  That's not to say that individual members cannot be dangerous, but you just don't see alot of activity out of them anymore.  Several PC are around the Mena area.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top