Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 7:34:59 AM EDT
Because the valley, and IIRC most of Arizona gets its gas from Texas, does anyone think gas prices are going to be more outragious than after Katrina?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The news media has approved the price increase of up to $5.00 a gallon.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Even if the hurricane does nothing, prices will rise.  

If the price of beef goes up, I buy pork or chicken.  If the price of gas goes up, I buy less of other things.  

On a simple macro scale the organized gas companies have a death grip on our economy.  The rising expenses of gas take away income from other areas of the economy.  

As a conservative I am not sure of how to feel about the situation.  I believe in free trade, but this is more than free enterprise.  I think actions by environmentalists have destroyed hopes of any small scale rogue gas production companies to allow competition and free trade to exist.  

A coworker brought up an interesting point.  A small purse was offered – I believe 10 million dollars, to put a man in outer space.  Groups were formed, and one did just that.

He believes that if a public purse is offered for realistic alternative fuel and energy means, that we may have the same result.  He may be on to something.  

I don’t know.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The news media has approved the price increase of up to $5.00 a gallon.

Sad, but true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top