Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 9:31:58 PM EDT
My family has moved into town and I would like to get them into shooting (they are city folk) Any recommendations for the area? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Gunmonkey should be able to help you out in that direction...he works in Gardnerville and lives up in the hills. I like it down there, very pretty area.

Gunmonkey where Are You????
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Gunmonkey reporting for duty!
Gardnerville gunshops:
Special Interest Arms-small place on Industrial Way.
Wayne's Gun and Pawn- small place on 395, by the laundromat.
Carson City Gun shops:
Carson Armory-My favorite. Super nice folks.
Nevada Gun Exchange- My other favorite.
There's a couple of others that I haven't been in, yet.

Gardnerville Range: Out by the dump, past the animal shelter. Nice range, covered benches. 300yd rifle, 25 yd pistol.

Also: a couple of hundred thousand miles of BLM land to shoot on.

Welcome to Nevada!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gunmonkey reporting for duty!
Gardnerville gunshops:
Special Interest Arms-small place on Industrial Way.
Wayne's Gun and Pawn- small place on 395, by the laundromat.
Carson City Gun shops:
Carson Armory-My favorite. Super nice folks.
Nevada Gun Exchange- My other favorite.
There's a couple of others that I haven't been in, yet.

Gardnerville Range: Out by the dump, past the animal shelter. Nice range, covered benches. 300yd rifle, 25 yd pistol.

Also: a couple of hundred thousand miles of BLM land to shoot on.

Welcome to Nevada!

Is the range west or east of 395? I have been going to the range in Carson City east on 50, but I wouldn't mind checking out the range in Gardnerville, as its on the way.

Thanks!
Dave
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have told him where you work in case he gets thirsty Ron LOL
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The Douglas County Range is on the East side of 395. Heading South on 395, you'll see a stoplight at the 7-11. Turning Right(Westerly) will take you to the Golf course and the Ranchos. Turn left at the light and follow the paved road as far as you can, past the fairgrounds, past the animal shelter, into the sanitation transfer station, you 'll see the info and envelopes for range use.

And as far as where I work, there is always a standing invitation to ARFCOMmers to swing into Hamdog's at the Meadowdale center (on South 395, before you get to the light going to the range, convenient!). I am there Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 2-10pm, and Monday morning for breakfast  7am-2pm. The place is open 24 hours, so don't let my absence stop you. I have been known to buy beer and sodas for visitors...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate the info folks, will post further when im in town looking for shooting buddies
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Which shop would be the best source for stripped lower receivers?

I'm moving to the area real soon and plan on building one AR for every year I've spent in captivity in the Gulag of Kahlefornistan without one!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#8]
You might have to go to the gun shows for the lowers or order one...I have a very good friend who owns a gun/knife store in carson City(Wilburs Knife World/Guns and Stuff), he will order anything you want. Hes a good guy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!

Ah yes...gun shows...I haven't been to a real one since I left America.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
This guy is the best FAL guy around, and does ARs too.

http://www.cgwguns.com/
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This guy is the best FAL guy around, and does ARs too.

http://www.cgwguns.com/

Rich at CGW is the best around he knows his stuff if you look on his web page the 1911 and the HK USP .40 are 2 of my hand guns that he refinished for me and he has helped me out alot with other wepons real great guy and does sweeeet work!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top