Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2007 6:47:01 PM EDT
Just to let you know Jackson is getting a gander mountain. I don't know if this has been mentioned before but thought I would let you guys know. I heard rumor about this a few months ago but, They now have a comming soon sign up. It will be in the new section of the Columns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Where is this in regard to I-40/45/Exit 80?

HKO
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
DT
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, the exit to the columns area is 82. There is a and b (north or south), you want to go north. I live in Oakland (just out of Memphis) but go to Jackson often to avoid the Memphis crowds. Please correct me if I'm wrong on the exit number.

it's real easy. it's 'memphis', not any other variant spelling there of. if this continues, we will start dispensing warnings and folks will start getting their accounts locked. -Hank
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the info.

I, too, am a FayCo resident.

Excuse my ignorance, what is "The Columns"? Subdivision? Mall?...??

HKO
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
it is between exit 79 and 80 and on the left if you are heading eastbound.  " The Columns" is a shopping center development with big out of place columns.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
good to know.

the last Gander mountain I went to in Paducah, KY had a good deal on Ultramax, but that's about it.

damn surefire G2's for $38

hopefully, they'll have a few nice used firearms.

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet 7 miles from the house.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.

Jackson hasn't had a really good sporting goods store be successful since...uh....maybe the early 1980's. I don't think it would have been my first choice of a place for a GM store.

YMMV..
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I work a few hundred yards from it, looks like its going to be real nice. The Columns is exploding with new businesses. Wish I owned about 1/2 an acre there, could probably retire.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Interesting.

Jackson hasn't had a really good sporting goods store be successful since...uh....maybe the early 1980's. I don't think it would have been my first choice of a place for a GM store.

YMMV..

well, Jackson is witnessing a mass exodus of its upper-middle and upper class.  Its middle class is sure to follow as housing prices drop.  Small towns like Medina have/are witnessing a 200+% population growth over the last 5-6 years.

Although I'm excited it's going to be close to me, I too wonder about its viability in Jackson.  The thugs and assinine school bussing regs. have driven out what I'd consider a fair portion of GM's target demographic.

a fair comparison (although on a relative scale) would be the "white flight" witnessed in Memphis during the 80's and 90's.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I also heard a Dicks sporting goods is coming to Jackson. I cannot verify that claim.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a Dick's going up in Memphis, in the Wolfchase (I-40 and Germantown Parkway) area.

When's the Gander Mountain supposed to open?

HKO
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I also heard a Dicks sporting goods is coming to Jackson. I cannot verify that claim.

Dicks will be opening in the columns as well, their building is up and has there sign up as well.

Gander mountain has most of the outside of their building finished as well but I have not heard an opening date. I would guess both will be open before the end of the year, probably sooner but that is just a guess.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
GM will do well unless they employ a bunch of idiots. There is a tremendous shortage of decent sporting goods and firearms retailers in WTN. It is said that Jackson's population goes from around 60,000 in the week to 250,000+ on weekends/holidays due to out of towners coming to shop the "hub city." People will drive from Medina (and farther) to Jackson to shop.

Hell, the gunsmith alone will almost insure their customer flow.

With the school system like it has been for 15 years or so Jackson will continue to go to shit. This place has really changed, not just in shopping opportunities.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There is a Dick's going up in Memphis, in the Wolfchase (I-40 and Germantown Parkway) area.

When's the Gander Mountain supposed to open?

HKO

I heard from a friend that Dick's is like a combination Bass Pro and Sportsmans Warehouse, but better than either.

Living about 5 minutes from there, I hope so.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 on the 250K+ on the weekend in Jackson, "townies" do not even try to get in a restaurant on a Friday or Saturday night.

And the school system is not the only messed up thing here, law enforcement and judicial system are part of the "Good Ol' Boys Network" along with West TN Health Care.  It is all messed up, not to mention the most liberal rag of a paper in the state!

Gander Mountain and Dicks will do well here, (will kick Elliot Outdoors hinney!) as they will draw from the whole area.  Jackson sits between Memphis and Nashville, (1/3-2/3, who wants to go to Memphis for anything other than to get on a plane), and Nashville is a two hour+ drive.  By the same token, at this time there is not a single bag of shot for sale in Jackson under $50.00, if you can find any at all, maybe 10 boxes of bullets (for reloading) for sale.  Just wish we could have landed a Sportsman's Warehouse.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Where are they at? I checked their website and it has nothing about one comming to memphis. dicks
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Where are they at?...

Right between Kohl's and Costco on N. Germantown Parkway, just south of the interstate.

HKO
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool just around the corner from work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Where do you work?

HKO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top