Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 12:48:14 PM EDT
I just got back from my first ever trip to a Gander Mountain it was pretty cool.  Because I was in Binghamton I went to the one in Scranton PA because it was the shortest drive but I find out that the stores in western NY are bigger, on the order of 3 times larger.

But before I drive from Binghamton to Buffalo or Rochester, I'd like to hear from someone who has been to either of them.

Is one larger than the other?

Do they still stock many handguns (being in NYS and all)?

Is it really worth a weekend drive to see their inventory?

Thanks in advance guys.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
the one in Buffalo (Tonawanda) is decent. Handgun selection is very small though, I think the Galyans in the Walden Galleria mall has more handguns.
lots of rifles and shotguns though, both new and used

thread about that store
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=171680
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Worth the drive to look at handguns? No way. Gander DOES have a lot of hunting rifles and shotguns, maybe ~500+...what is worth the drive is the hunting accessories. Kinda like walking into a big Cabela's catalog. If you do go, CS, I can point you to a couple of local gunshops which will make the drive a bit more worthwhile (especially if you want a KIMBER)
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Boy ED I hope he gets a store open again. That was a good time.
Edit...Just need to save for after the Gun Stock. I am sure there are lots of things to buy there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top