Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2003 9:04:27 AM EDT
After hearing about the great "get a Galyan's card, get 10% off your purchase" deal Bookhound and co. have done, I thought "hey I wants a deal too"!  [:\]
So I called Kennesaw, GA store today.  Yep "we can order anything you want, but starting 9/8 the 10% Galyan's card deal excludes firearm purchases". [>Q]

Bzzzzzzzzzt!  Wrong answer.  No (more) Galyan's for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Son of bitch.  Shit.

That sucks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#2]
bushmaster_m4gery found that out the hard way too.  He went there (after I kept telling him what a great deal it was) the other day only to find out they stopped allowing firearms on the "deal."

If it makes you feel any better, I'm enjoying the Kimber I bought at 10% off with 12 months 0% interest.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#3]
And you know where you can stick that Kimber, don't you?  And I'm not talking about an IWB holster...  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Well geez, glad I ignored BookHound's advice per usual!
It saved me from a wasted trip downtown!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

You take so freakin' long to make up your mind anyway, the sale would have been over before you could decide which pistol had the nicest packaging.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

You take so freakin' long to make up your mind anyway, the sale would have been over before you could decide which pistol had the nicest packaging.  

What is this "packaging" issue you keep bringing up?
I wanted to see the box so I could look inside and see what came with it (xtra mags and such).

What about YOU and, "hey this light mount looks scuffed" <sniffle-sniffle> Puss.
~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I see this ending up in the Pit with feather ticklers at knife range....
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
And yet another thread becomes fodder for

The
"Push me"
"Shove you"
"Oh yeah?"
"Says who?"

Club kiddies.

{sigh}
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And yet another thread becomes fodder for

"Push me"
"Shove you"
"Oh yeah?"
"Says who?"

club kiddies.

That'll be enough out of you old man!
I heard how you got DeltaAir's mom all flustered!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
After hearing about the great "get a Galyan's card, get 10% off your purchase" deal Bookhound and co. have done, I thought "hey I wants a deal too"!  [:\]
So I called Kennesaw, GA store today.  Yep "we can order anything you want, but starting 9/8 the 10% Galyan's card deal excludes firearm purchases". [>Q]

Bzzzzzzzzzt!  Wrong answer.  No (more) Galyan's for me.

Did they give any reasons for discontinuing the 10% off for firearms purchases?

ARH
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]
soulzero,
I think I have finally learned to NOT ask what yer talkin bout...  And yep I am older than dirt so Respect Yer Elders before I hit you with a cane!

ARH,
I pressed the issue, but no response.  I told them have a manager contact me, as I knew a group of (rabid, mostly incoherent, delusional) gun buyers that will now take their business elsewhere.  As expected, no response.  

Support your local FFL.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Did they give any reasons for discontinuing the 10% off for firearms purchases?

ARH

Brady Bunch bitched about the "Galyan's Loop Hole".

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
soulzero,
I think I have finally learned to NOT ask what yer talkin bout...  And yep I am older than dirt so Respect Yer Elders before I hit you with a cane!

Lets see...it had to do with the word Bastard.
At least, that's how BookHound told it.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Last Christmas, my wife gave me a Galyan's gift card. I thought, GREAT, I can order my first AR15 and use the card toward my purchase. Wrong answer, again. I can buy all of the innacurate Mini 14s from Galyans that I want, but no evil black assault rifles! Compound that with this new bullshit and I really think that it may be time to take my money to another store.

On the bright side, I googled AR15 and came up with this site. Now I have 2 ARs (built from stripped lowers) and a new addiction that drains more money than a drug habit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Now I have 2 ARs (built from stripped lowers) and a new addiction that drains more money than a drug habit.

Just be glad you don't have to support both.

In my case, I've got guns and homebrewing as hobbies.  I have negative cash flow, but plenty of great tasting beer and a few choice items to protect it with.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In my case, I've got guns and homebrewing as hobbies.  I have negative cash flow, but plenty of great tasting beer and a few choice items to protect it with.  

Protect the BEER at any cost!!!!!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:16:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Protect the BEER at any cost!!!!!

Damn straight.  That stuff is liquid gold!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top