Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 12:22:44 PM EDT
For those that don't know, Galco is headquartered in Phoenix Arizona, and on Fridays they open up to the public and you can buy directly from them. The schedule for the show room is from 8:30 to 11:30 then from 1:00 to 4:00.

The contact info is:
Galco International
2019 West Quail Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
1(800) USGALCO (874-2526)
Local: (623) 434-7070
Fax: (623) 582-6854 or (800) 737-1725

I went and checked it out, I am never buying another holster anywhere else. It was really refreshing to buy a holster from someone who knows something about them... you can't beat going directly to the source, they make the damn things.

There was no searching through the racks or reading packages (or watching someone else search), I told the nice lady the model of my pistol and the barrel length and she immediately told me which holsters I could use. The one I really wanted wasn't due to finish the latest production run until November, so I bought one to hold me over until then. She got on her intercom and read the model number and a minute later there was my holster.

You have to go check out this place just to see the memorabilia they have on the walls. Autographed pictures from all kinds of famous people, including President Reagan, Ted Nugent, and Kareem Abdul Jabar. What a combo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to use their holsters alot.  I still recommend them to someone buying their first holster.

And yeah, I would love to visit their facility, just to see it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
They are great holsters, and they should be banned!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Except they never have any left-handed shit out on the tables. "Just try a right handed one"

Fuck that. Sorry, but I did that once and got lucky.  The holster did NOT feel good right-handed, but I decided to take a chance.  It was like a production to get them to bring it...only after I decided to order.

They make great holsters, and I've got a couple of them, but you'd think that 10% of the population deserves SOME consideration.

TimW
Practical Tactical, LLC
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Except they never have any left-handed shit out on the tables. "Just try a right handed one"

Fuck that. Sorry, but I did that once and got lucky.  The holster did NOT feel good right-handed, but I decided to take a chance.  It was like a production to get them to bring it...only after I decided to order.

They make great holsters, and I've got a couple of them, but you'd think that 10% of the population deserves SOME consideration.

TimW
Practical Tactical, LLC

That's funny, because I was trying to get a Dual Position Phoenix, and she said "sorry, it's on backorder until the first week of November", so I filled out the form to get myself on the list to get one, and she says "too bad you're not left handed, I have a left handed one on the table right here".

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]

I love my Galco IWB NSA II holster for my Glock 19.

I bought it from a dealer that sells nothing but holsters. Was a Crossroads show about two and half years ago. Paid like 45.00 for it. It was a new edition holster then.

It sure beats my broken Bladetech IWB.

I carrry it every day. Work and play!

Haven't been to their showroom yet. I think it's around Deer Valley and 19th Ave.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What kind of price did you get on that holster you bought? Did they undercut what their dealers sell them at...usually companies sell way over cost of their dealers.

Galco definitely does not compete with their dealers.  I've ordered direct before, and you pay Full Retail.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I only use Galco and nothing else...they are the best. What kind of price did you get on that holster you bought? Did they undercut what their dealers sell them at...usually companies sell way over cost of their dealers.

It was about the average of what the resellers were selling it for.  Not a discount, but not an inflated price either.  It was fair.  

BTW, I got a Silhouette, it was $62.95.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The very first machine tool I sold was to Galco. An old Gorton pantograph they were using to engrave the dies for their buttons. Definitely mfg. of only high quality products and home grown to boot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top