Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:10:33 PM EDT
Any shops in Lake Havasu City selling AR's? Have a buddy going on leave back to his home (Lake Havasu) and wants to pick up a rifle.

Thanks,

Gene
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several good shops, one even has more AR "build" components than all our Tucson shops combined (not hard to do). One dealer told me the reason he had so many AR's was the Californicator's get scared to keep the ones that they didn't "register" with the Commie state, so they dump them there. I've been known to bring home a few things from there. Most all the shops are within walking distance of each other.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Dave,

Thanks for the info, I'll pass that along to my buddy.

Gene
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are several good shops, one even has more AR "build" components than all our Tucson shops combined (not hard to do). One dealer told me the reason he had so many AR's was the Californicator's get scared to keep the ones that they didn't "register" with the Commie state, so they dump them there. I've been known to bring home a few things from there. Most all the shops are within walking distance of each other.

Where is this magical shop?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
www.samsguns.com/

Picked up my Uzi from him..he's a necessary ass.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess if you consider any shop like I described as "magical"---you definately would be impressed, then. I think I used the word "good".
The shop I was describing that had more AR components than all of Tucson wasn't Sams--it was on the same side of the street, but before Sams. I had their business card around here, but can't find it now. And again, as I said its not hard to out-do Tucson in anything gun related, but especially AR components (although Tuc. guns & artifacts is trying). Sams had plenty of selection at "good" prices--lots of mil-surps and STACKS of surplus ammo. It was many months since i visited, so YMMV
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess if you consider any shop like I described as "magical"---you definately would be impressed, then. I think I used the word "good".
The shop I was describing that had more AR components than all of Tucson wasn't Sams--it was on the same side of the street, but before Sams. I had their business card around here, but can't find it now. And again, as I said its not hard to out-do Tucson in anything gun related, but especially AR components (although Tuc. guns & artifacts is trying). Sams had plenty of selection at "good" prices--lots of mil-surps and STACKS of surplus ammo. It was many months since i visited, so YMMV

What one had all the AR's fron cali?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe Sam was the one that told me why the town seemed to have so many used AR's(and other assorted assault rifles)---but all the shops seemed to have more than the typical amount for a town that size. There was an unusually high amount of other mil-surps I observed in the shops, and I was told  because of the amount of retirees that they sometimes get whole collections at a time. They told me that at the shop I can't recall the name of (maybe Southwest firearms?) when I walked in and there were 30-some Lee-Enfields leaning against the wall, all in VG-exc. with bayo's and slings and I asked what distributor they cleaned out of handpicks---he said we get widows/families in here often selling off the guns of a guy that recently died.

Anyways, We came very close to moving there about a year ago, so over several trips we investigated all the positives---good gun stores, surrounded by BLM land everwhere with good 4x4 trails and shooting, good food (along with Laughlin), fairly limited growth (compared to Tuc., Phx.), pretty much all services available without travelling. Oh yea, the RIVER. These all outweighed the negative (the HEAT) by far. Something else fell thru, so it got cancelled

In my original post, when I used the word 'there'---I mean Lake Havasu, not one particular shop
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I believe Sam was the one that told me why the town seemed to have so many used AR's(and other assorted assault rifles)---but all the shops seemed to have more than the typical amount for a town that size. There was an unusually high amount of other mil-surps I observed in the shops, and I was told  because of the amount of retirees that they sometimes get whole collections at a time. They told me that at the shop I can't recall the name of (maybe Southwest firearms?) when I walked in and there were 30-some Lee-Enfields leaning against the wall, all in VG-exc. with bayo's and slings and I asked what distributor they cleaned out of handpicks---he said we get widows/families in here often selling off the guns of a guy that recently died.

Anyways, We came very close to moving there about a year ago, so over several trips we investigated all the positives---good gun stores, surrounded by BLM land everwhere with good 4x4 trails and shooting, good food (along with Laughlin), fairly limited growth (compared to Tuc., Phx.), pretty much all services available without travelling. Oh yea, the RIVER. These all outweighed the negative (the HEAT) by far. Something else fell thru, so it got cancelled

In my original post, when I used the word 'there'---I mean Lake Havasu, not one particular shop

Thanks for the info we will be there next weekend, ill do some poking around.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Have fun and give us a rundown of any good deals--i've been known to make long "Sunday" drives for the right thing. With all the snowbirds the stores should be busy and stocked. Hopefully they're at least as good, if not better than they were when we we there last (probably around a year now).
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:44:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, my buddy should have no problem finding a good AR while he's there.

Thanks for all the info.

Gene
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Tag for report.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.samsguns.com/

Picked up my Uzi from him..he's a necessary ass.

Stoped by there.  

Nice store.

didnt see any smoking deals.

7.62 X 39 @  $169.00 a 1,000
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you make it to the other stores down the street?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Did you make it to the other stores down the street?

no i ran out of time, had to go meet a guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top