Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/14/2003 3:08:19 PM EDT
Anybody interested??????? You guys who contributed to your collections last weekend, can try them out......
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I'd love to come out and meet some more Ohio folks.  I didn't meet too many at BF.  I picked up a permit for GR, but I haven't been out there yet.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh what the hey, I'll be there.  I still haven't tried out Heidi yet !
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't make it this weekend.  My son and I are headed to PA for the Survival forum camp-out.

Scott
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm in...got a new scope for my 10FP, so i gotta sight it in :)
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I should be able to make it. I gotta try out mmsig229's "Anna" and see if she's up to par
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Where do you get the permits for GR?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where do you get the permits for GR?

Anyplace that sells fishing/hunting licenses.  Dicks and WalMart are two that come to mind.  I think they also have a list somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I buy my permits at my local Golden Dawn grocery store. They are the biggest FFL in my hometown. They say they sell a million dollars worth of firearms a year.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
And that's just to you Capitalist!!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And that's just to you Capitalist!!!!

Well, I don't like to brag
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#12]
i got my permit from Drug Mart.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Alrighty, so what's the plan?  What time are we planning on meeting and which range are we all going to set up on?

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got back from getting my permit
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Why don't we plan on meeting about noon, and go feed after. we'll need some suggestions on where, and we'll probably need a head count. we can set up on all the ranges, since alot of you ladies seem to spend all your time socializing anyway!!!!!!!!!My only suggestion would be NOT to sit next to capitalist, not only does he keep banging into you (he's a leftie) but he has been known to swipe food off others plates if they don't pay attention. Well, I'm off to the gym, then to GM to pick up some ammo and a pass. Keep the suggestions coming.......
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Alrighty then.  Well, it's a tossup - if we set up on the 50, we're alot closer to Barney's scrutiny.  If wet set up on the 100, mmsig229 might be too embaressed by the size of his groups to want to shoot with us again.  Any thoughts?  Which is the lesser of the two evils?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm all for the 100. mmsig229 is still gonna shoot high and to the left no matter what the distance is
I had Lasik surgery so I can shoot at farther distance. Anything closer than the 100 provides little skill. JMO
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
OK you two...I'll have you know, there's nothing about my size to be embarrassed about!!!!just picked up 200 more rounds of .223, and my pass. Why do you guys care where we set up, it could be over at the gravel pile for all it matters. You two just sit around and yak anyway!!!!!!I'm not afraid of ole Barney. We'll distract him with some tree pruning questions or something. We'll have to get a head count, and decide on a feeding station for later. Any weather forecast??????
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
.............(he's a leftie) .......

Lefty here reprazintun!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't you guys get season permits?  It's only $10 on top of a $15 fishing license!!!

Weather forcast looks like this:

Date: Sat Jul 19
Forecast: Partly Cloudy
Temperature (High/Low): 78°/72°
Chance of precipitation: 10 %

Lookin' pretty good so far - and it looks like we'll be on the 100.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.............(he's a leftie) .......

Lefty here reprazintun!

You comin out to GR Saturday siennfein?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#22]
No, I just had to respond about the left handed thing since my boss at work teases me about it. Id like to but my cars in the paint booth still and my tracker sucks for long trips
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No, I just had to respond about the left handed thing since my boss at work teases me about it. Id like to but my cars in the paint booth still and my tracker sucks for long trips

Excuses Excuses
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuses Excuses

HAve you ever driven a Geo tracker thats been lifted 3 inches @65 MPH on the highway passing a semi? It'll make you pucker
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuses Excuses

HAve you ever driven a Geo tracker thats been lifted 3 inches @65 MPH on the highway passing a semi? It'll make you pucker

I'd do it. I'm Brave and I Love a good adrenaline rush!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuses Excuses

Im brave too but I like "planned" adrenaline rushes. I'll come to the next one though and if you want an adrenaline rush I'll take you for a ride in palemarry
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuses Excuses

Im brave too but I like "planned" adrenaline rushes. I'll come to the next one though and if you want an adrenaline rush I'll take you for a ride in palemarry

Sounds Cool. Just make sure the hood pins are in place
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Umm....I dont know what your talking about
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#29]
HAHAHAHAHA!
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#30]
I will be out of town this weekend, but will try to make the next one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#31]
So what should I bring in the way of targets?  How do we place them?  How often is there a ceasefire?  When are you folks showing up?

(who's a newbie?)
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
So what should I bring in the way of targets?  How do we place them?  How often is there a ceasefire?  When are you folks showing up?

(who's a newbie?)

You bring the targets, the range will provide the target holders.  You are limited to paper targets only.  Also, you should bring something to mount the targets with - be it tape or a stapler (and if you bring a stapler, remember to bring staples, right mmsig229 ?)

You will place the target holders in the berms that have at the end of the range.  Make sure to keep them low or else you will be visited by Barney the friendly RO.

Ceasefires are called when somebody stands up, starts waving and everybody finally begins to notice.  I'd say maybe like once every 20 minutes or so.  When a cease fire is called, you have to leave your guns on the table and stay behind the yellow line.  Again, failure to do so will require another visit by Barney.

I'll probably show up a little before noon.  I can't drag my butt out of bed that early.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Yup, somewhere around noon. Hey capitalist, where are we feeding after???!!! I heard engineer is picking up the tab this time, so make it somewhere expensive.....He has plenty of $$$$$$$$$.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Since I haven't got to meet any of you guys yet I'll try to be there. I'm sure I've seen some of you there before. So your all going to be on the 100.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Cool, thanks for the info, Engineer.  I can't wait to meet this Barney fellow.

Quoted:
I'll probably show up a little before noon.  I can't drag my butt out of bed that early.

Noon sounds just about perfect.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yup, somewhere around noon. Hey capitalist, where are we feeding after???!!! I heard engineer is picking up the tab this time, so make it somewhere expensive.....He has plenty of $$$$$$$$$.

Oh man, where did you hear that from?  I think I owe plenty of $$$$$$$ in student loans, but right now I think I have two bucks in my pocket.

I'll be the Chinese guy with my AR15.com shirt on.  mmsig229 will be the friendly one with his H&K rifle and apparently a new SAR as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'll be the Chinese guy with my AR15.com shirt on.

Yeah, and the big f'in red wagon full of guns...  That's quite a distinguishing feature!

Have fun guys.  Wish I could join ya.

Why don't you eat at the German sounding place.  It's somewhere around 88 & 534 or whatever that N-S road is...  Lemme know how it is.

Scott
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I don't know of any places around there that I've eatin at besides Blazin Bills. Being how I live 45 minutes away. I don't want to eat at a hole in the wall bar(remember extra cheese is extra). I'm open for any ideas where we should eat afterwards. Blazin Bills is ok if we can't come up with anything else. I sure am glad Engineer is picking up the tab this time.I've got shallow pockets this week
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#39]
cool Engineer's picking up the tab :)  i'm definately in.  see you guys at noon-ish...
do you think they'll let us BBQ in the lot :)?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Cool, I'll see you guys tomorrow about noon.  I'll have a red rose in my....er....wait.  Wrong board.  I'll probably have a "Daytona Beach" baseball cap on.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll be the good looking one with the distinguished gray hair. Now, how do I describe Capitalist, hmmmm.....I'll have to give that some thought. Where are we feeding after?????
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll be the rugidly handsome one, driving a red Chevy Silverado 4X4. Probably carrying a two rifle case and a drywall bucket full of ammo

Like mmsig229 said, Where are we feeding after???????
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#43]
bro capitalist, you really need to lose that drywall bucket!!!!!I'm leaving our feeding situation in your hands, GR is in your neck of the woods, not mine. PS I do have your present wrapped, maybe I should have bought you an ammo can instead!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
bro capitalist, you really need to lose that drywall bucket!!!!!I'm leaving our feeding situation in your hands, GR is in your neck of the woods, not mine. PS I do have your present wrapped, maybe I should have bought you an ammo can instead!!!!

Theres nowhere decent that I know of on the way to Gr to feed. Most of my trip is through Amish country. I guess it's Blazin Bills again.
I gots to use my drywall bucket. You get a free bucket with each 5 gallon purchase  of mud you buy. Can't pass up a deal like that
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, if I'm gonna be pickin' up dinner - it's gonna be Raman for all.  I've got mountains of that stuff at home that I'm lookin' to get rid of, errr, I mean, let you guys have a taste of fine Asian cuisine....
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I can squeeze in a couple of hours but I have tickets to Blossom tomorrow night so it looks like once again I'm gonna miss Blazin Bills.
[>Q]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Whats Blossom?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Blossom music center. off of route 8. Cleveland Orchestra's playing there under the stars tomorrow night. Hay, I got Kulture!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Blossom = outdoor concert venue.

i'll be the fool wearing a U of M hat and driving a well used Discovery.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#50]
IVe been to cleveland once...went to a catholic church and the whole 9 yards. I was visiting my X-GF's family. Its ways up there
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top