Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/5/2003 9:46:09 AM EDT
How about it guys? it may be the last time this year we can get together. Naturally we'll plan on tieing on the feed bag after.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It may be a bit chilly Brother, but I think I can throw on the long under-roos and make it
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
As usual, welcome!! However, be advised that we're getting pretty busy now. This last weekend we had 117 shooters on Saturday (11-1) and 164 on Sunday. The 25 and 50 yard ranges were super busy. The 100 wasn't too bad. However, I will not have time to inspect war wagons and the like if we have a large crowd. This could be a problem! Also, if it's snowing, I want to see snow tires or Blizzaks on the wagons. Must be safe, ya know.hoYour friendly RSO
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up groucho. Hopefully all the hunters will have given up by then on shooting bambi, and we'll have the range to ourselves!!!Why don't you plan on coming out to eat with us later????I hear engineer is buying.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the warning Groucho.  I'm kind of leary of the 50 now - I get accused of shooting other people's targets when I set up there.  

Apparently mmsig229 blew $14 on two pieces of cheescake today, which means he's got plenty of scratch to go around, so I'm sure that he'll be buyin' at Blazin' Bills.

Can I get a "someone-owes-us-a-barbecue" from the choir?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the warning Groucho.  I'm kind of leary of the 50 now - I get accused of shooting other people's targets when I set up there.  

Apparently mmsig229 blew $14 on two pieces of cheescake today, which means he's got plenty of scratch to go around, so I'm sure that he'll be buyin' at Blazin' Bills.

Can I get a "someone-owes-us-a-barbecue" from the choir?

I seem to remember something about a BBQ at Bill's house. I could be wrong though
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Beware the Hunting Bubbas.  You might want to wear one of these.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys kill me, I'm just a poor civil servant. You're outta luck this year for the BBQ. When I got home after being fleeced at the cheesecake factory, I put all the outdoor furniture away for the year...
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
He aint no poor Civil Servant. He's rich! I know him. We could burn our money if we had his!
I should be able to make it. I got that dang DPMS 308 runnin' now. Heck of a shooter it is. I'll have to bring it and a few other toys.
Bring the CETME Bill?
Kev
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
No BBQ? bring cheesecake! at 7 bucks a pop that's ... OUCH! outa my league.

Barring the unforseen I'll be there, itchy old 1971 army issue unterhosen and all.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#10]
KevF7, 'bout time you got that thing straightened out, we felt bad for you trying to pry that mag out with a crow bar!!!one more malfunction and you'd be eligible for the lemon law. No, keep that cetme at home where it belongs, Anna and Heidi may be forced to do something drastic to it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I kinda liked the Cetme. That time was the first and only time I shot one. Bring it Kev. We'll get someone there to watch Bills neck for him
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
He's about due for a burnin' ! If Cap say's bring it, I'll bring it!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I got ammo and mags at medina for the new sks sporter so I'll definetly be there. Gotta break that commie gun in good.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Heck, guys, I'm going to be back in town over Christmas.  Aren't you candy-asses up for some shooting in the snow?  
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Rick, we all know how much you enjoy open carry, but......don't try it at GR with ole Barney around, he'll fix you good!!!And as for you Fizassist, is GR open in Dec????Maybe they are, maybe they close Jan-March......PS..I didn't realize that was the sat of the OSU/Mich game. The guys at work rented the CPBA hall downtown for a bash...So now I'm in hot water with them for backing out...Oh well, I'll think of some excuse....
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:49:32 AM EDT
[#16]
mmsig, the web site says they're open March 1 through December 31.  I was mostly kidding, though, because I had a bad experience the last time I flew with guns ($500 in mags stolen by TSA [it appears] and a lot of flack from a CPD officer).
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Actually bill I already had that discussion with a RSO that worked there part time last year. I prefer to wear a sidearm while shooting at the range but it's not really worth it when it has to be unloaded and placed on the table during cease fires. So I haven't open carried there in over a year.

Then again it might be a good idea if were going to be there during hunter season.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
....PS..I didn't realize that was the sat of the OSU/Mich game. The guys at work rented the CPBA hall downtown for a bash...So now I'm in hot water with them for backing out...Oh well, I'll think of some excuse....

Yikes! I didn't realize it either. I don't watch that much football but the game between OSU and "that team up north" is usually hosted by a friend.
Suggestion: breakfast in the AM before the shoot instead of dinner afterwards, I'd like to eat, shoot & watch the game - if possible . What say you all, yea or nay?

Hay Fizz, give us a heads up in December, one of us candy-asses will bring something to keep you warm  @ the range. Yeah, I know it won't one of your's but save yourself the hassle.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Another possibility would be to have it on Sunday. I know this may be difficult for Smudge, but what do the rest of you guys think????OSU MIGHT be playing for a #1 ranking if they beat Mich.....
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not big on sports myself.
I rather go shooting with the great guys from this site than sit in front of the television for 4 hours watching a game that I'd forget about in a week. Either day is fine with me though
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Another possibility would be to have it on Sunday. I know this may be difficult for Smudge, but what do the rest of you guys think????OSU MIGHT be playing for a #1 ranking if they beat Mich.....

Hmmm, Sundays are not so good, unless it's later in the afternoon. I've got the church thing going on Sunday mornings and they get kinda pissy when I don't show up and the congregation has to sing praise and worship "a cappella".
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Gotta agree with Cap, most games are forgotten after a week or so.
I'll just try and figure out how to set my VCR and see youse guys at noon on Saturday then.

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Engineer, don't you have a TV and DirectTV on your war wagon?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Nope - none here, but then again if we could find someone with a small TV and a generator .... you think we could get reception out there?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Danno_man you gonna make it this time? Are you gonna finally go out to eat with us afterwards. We're starting to think you're a member of peta and won't eat BBQ.

We promise we won't bring up any comments about the bullet holes in your land rover
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#26]
as long as i'm not working that day.  don't know about the meal afterwards, because it's my mother-in-laws b-day and we're taking her out for dinner.

just to save on the comments, i'll bring the other Rover without the bullet holes...

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Weeeeeeelllll is  we goin' shootin' Sunday or not?
If so, who all is goin'?
Kev
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#28]
don't know about sunday, but Nov 22 is a saturday :)
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Well ladies, me, Anna, and Heidi are gonna be AWOL on Sat. I completely forgot that Sat is the Scottish Rite Fall Reunion. I'll be downtown Fri night, and all day Sat......
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Are you participating in the degrees, Brother Bill?

I am going to be installed in the East on 11/20, if you can make it acrossed town.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess that's a no go?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, it's a no go for me, I think the rest of the guys are going though...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#33]
i'm going still.  gotta go and re-shoot my rifle after working on the stock.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll probably be there - gonna play with the M1A and a couple of other rifles.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll still be there, gotta shoot the sks. I'm getting pretty ancy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#36]
mmsig229, you and your family members will be missed. I'll eat an extra half slab of ribs for ya.
Youngest says he will also be there on Saturday. If he shows it'll be a sar3 day for us.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#37]
So who all is going out to eat afterwards. I'm starting to think you guys are afraid of BBQ Pork and are members of PETA
Tell ya what. I'll buy the first round of beers. Hows that sound?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I need a secretary to keep track of my social calander!!! I still can't believe I screwed up those dates. You guys better jump on capitalist's offer to buy the first round, I'm not certain I've ever seen his wallet open.....
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I'll be there for the food. But I don't drink, thanks anyways. I am definetly a member of PETA (people eating tasty animals), and the BBQ is a pretty fine way to eat them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well I'll be there for the food. But I don't drink, thanks anyways. I am definetly a member of PETA (people eating tasty animals), and the BBQ is a pretty fine way to eat them.

You'll be Ok Rick. I got your first pop covered
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#41]
CAPITALIST'S wallet opens???  (Dollars check in but they don't check out)
People Eating Tasty Animals - LOL!. I got to remember that one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I actually think that your beloved moderator has a free afternoon on Saturdays social calender.  I shall therefore attempt to grace you with my attendance.  I think i shall bring the loudenboomenkickenharder as well perhaps as the RimfireAR.  See ya there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll be there probably around 11:30. What time are you guys showing up?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#44]
about that time...
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Maybe a little earlier - I'm going to try to beat the hunter crowd.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#46]
[best monty python voice] I have a plan! [/best monty python voice]

I am bringing a rifled barreled shotgun. I will blend in and infiltrate the hunters. I will gain their trust and use the intell to better find a shooting position. The code word is Bubba,,,, I repeat Bubba.

This message will explode in 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
[best monty python voice] I have a plan! [/best monty python voice]

I am bringing a rifled barreled shotgun. I will blend in and infiltrate the hunters. I will gain their trust and use the intell to better find a shooting position. The code word is Bubba,,,, I repeat Bubba.

This message will explode in 10 seconds.

You've got to wear one of those camoflage snowmobile suits too and it's best that you have a beard and don't shower for a week. You oughta fit right in
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Engineer, you've been beat!!!!

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#49]
And please note, the blue Porta Potty in the front. I'd say Engineer will have wagon envy when he sees that rig.

While on the topic of Engineer, I did notice him walking in with what I thought was his magnet on a stick. It was a blind man's cane in disguise. How's his shooting, guys? Notice any problems?

Also, you folks are darned good shots. It's not everybody who can hit several 3/16" dia.target frames at a hundred yards. I thought the object was to hit the bull's eye. We gave those poor target stands a decent burial.

Good to see you. I'll be laid off there the end of this month. I hope to see you all again later.
As ever, your friendly RSO;

Groucho
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#50]
it even had baby whipes for the ultimate clean

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top