Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2010 12:07:10 PM EDT
I have a few knives that need to be sharpened. (razor sharp) i had a dear friend who was the best knife sharpener i have ever seen but he passed away about a year ago and now my knives are over do for their yearly sharpening. anybody here do that ? also looking for a kydex sheath for one or more of them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike Benedict talon tactical does Kydex. as for sharpening... learn to do it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Make friends with the meat manager at your local grocery or a butcher. They can put an edge on one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

if you want it to still cut butter dont let me touch it !!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Here ya go, works like a charm.

http://sharpeningmadeeasy.com/paper.htm
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know where you are but a friend has a nice sharpening setup. He does some on the side for a couple of local restaurants. Pretty cheap too.

He's in Toccoa.

ETA: He can get a good knife hair splitting sharp.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If there is a list of stuff Mike won't make then at the top of that list is knife sheaths followed only by handgun holsters with lights.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If there is a list of stuff Mike won't make then at the top of that list is knife sheaths followed only by handgun holsters with lights.

and apparently IWB for S&W 500's

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess Mike also will not make handcuff holsters either.  Or at least he will not respond to emails about having them made.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I guess Mike also will not make handcuff holsters either.  Or at least he will not respond to emails about having them made.

In fairness, he did apparently severely cut his hand over the weekend...

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a guy named Erik Edges that has a mobile service around atlanta. I was told years ago that you could leave them at Harrys Farmers market in alpharetta and he would come by weekly and sharpen them. Alternatively, for a fee, he could come to your house for a min of like 20 knives
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
He'll give you a sour face if you ask for a BuckMark mag carrier - however, anything he does make is da bomb.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In fairness, he did apparently severely cut his hand over the weekend...

Yeah, I sent like two or three emails between 4 and 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about his hand and I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
as an alternative, you could go the blade show this weekend.  tons of guys will sharpen will you wait.  i am sure you could probably find a sheath, too.

-matt
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 for Erik Edges.  You can drop them off at any Cook's Warehouse location for him to sharpen as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is a guy named Erik Edges that has a mobile service around atlanta. I was told years ago that you could leave them at Harrys Farmers market in alpharetta and he would come by weekly and sharpen them. Alternatively, for a fee, he could come to your house for a min of like 20 knives

Found the infohttp://thebladesmith.com/Residential.htm

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You want lights on your holster?  Like sparkly or blinking?

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#17]
i have something odd ball with a tlr light i cant get a holster for.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#18]
If you having knife problems,  I feel bad for you son.
I got 99 problems.. . .
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:31:28 AM EDT
[#19]
and I replied that I do not make hand cuff holders

I hate making knife sheaths followed only by handgun holsters with lights.

One off weird stuff just takes up a lot of time that I don't have
Until I get my new assistant holster maker up to speed I don't have much free time.
Like last week I taught 3 pistol classes, shipped almost 100 holsters and I have a full time job.

Mike

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#20]
A friend of mine told me that there is a guy that frequents the Griffing gun store? I don't know if there's just one or what, but anyway you might call down there and check. My friend has used him and swears by him although I have no experience with him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top